“Nice, clean, and convenient hotel in the heart of Queens”

Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Hollywood, Florida
“Nice, clean, and convenient hotel in the heart of Queens”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I come to NYC. Very beautiful small hotel in the heart of Queens, not far from LaGuardia Airport. First of all I'd like to commend the hotel for having free shuttle service too and from LaGuardia airport (not JFK or Newark) as well as the nearest Subway Station and Mall (Woodhaven Blvd) that can take you to the city (Manhattan) and Brooklyn and beyond. ***Note it only runs until 1 am I believe so if you need to get back there late, you need to get back on your own.*** The hotel is very nice looking, small, but fine. Rooms look new as well as all the fixtures. There is a nice free breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, breads, bagels, cereals, juices, milk, colombian coffee, muffins and cinnamon rolls. The amenities include a small gym and high speed internet and printing at no charge. (the internet at the three computers downstairs is faster than the wifi in your room). Two vending machines are downstairs as well. The staff is very nice and helpful, especially Nicole and Jorge and the other nice people who I apologize for forgetting your names! But, on the whole, this hotel is awesome for those who want to be close to the airport and not far from Citi Field and Flushing Corona Meadows Park either! Down the street is 108th ST, and south of that you can get to Forest Hills subway station if you walk or take a bus to Queens Blvd. ****The only problem I have is the hotel's prices. Usually they seem a bit too high, sometimes close or even topping $200 and those are Manhattan prices and this hotel is not close to the city! I hope the prices will be lowered in the future*** Also, the side of the hotel closest to the expressway can get noisy at times, so try to book a room on the north side away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway, because at times it can get a bit distracting even if the windo...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Twinsburg, Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Overall, the entire family was very pleased with this hotel. My wife and I, and 3 daughters stayed here after Christmas. We had 2 adjoining rooms. We called prior to arrival and spoke with Eva. We requested an early arrival and Eva did a great job. She informed us that we could definitely get one room early and the 2nd shortly after. We just wanted to drop off luggage and go sight seeing, and only needed one room for that. When we arrived, we were treated great. We went to our room and it was clean and better than expected. The cleaning crew was busy cleaning the 2nd room and assured us it would be ready in a couple minutes, and it was. We requested a small refrigerator and it arrived within 5 minutes.

We dined at the hotel restaurant several times and had very good food and great service. I don't know the first waiters name, but he was very attentive. We were waited on by Reginald after that and he was awesome. We strongly recommend this restaurant. Sure it is convenient, but I would drive a ways to get to it if needed.

The beds in the rooms were quite comfortable. The TV had a large screen. Plenty of towels. The cleaning service did an awesome job.

Location was the only negative for us. If you are using the nearby airport, it is probably a great location, but we drove in and used the subway to tour Manhattan. Yes, I know there are closer hotels, but I needed 2 rooms, at a good price and this hotel had good reviews. The walk to the subway is about 5 minutes through a somewhat depressed area. We never felt nervous or in any danger. The real problem was that it took about a half hour on the subway to get to Grand Central Station. This tends to eat up a bit of your day. However, I'm not sure I could find a hotel this nice, with a good restaurant, for the money - any closer.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank stevejones7364
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Called from La Guardia at 9 PM. Had to wait 45 min+ for shuttle. Arrived at hotel. Friendly receptionist (Marcella). Gave me disabled room because it was on quiet side of building. She told me there was no view. Got in the room, was tired and went to sleep. Woke up next morning to discover that "no view" meant "no window, except a small strip of glass high up the wall". Went for a shower, curtain closed badly, complete bathroom was flooded. Try to dry it a bit and found all kinds of hair (not only from the top of bodies), but also yellow fluid around the back of the toilet bowl. After that I checked rest of the room, and found filth in every spot that is not very easily reached by cleaning staff.
Reported this to receptionist (friendly woman) who assured me the manager would call me no later than next day. I said that an email would do, but after a week still no messages.
Next time I rather spend double or sleep in the terminal of La Guardia than in such a filthy place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Rene V
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I thought the Holiday Inn Express was decent. It was inexpensive, clean, except for the carpet and the bathroom was nice. A little noisy on the front side, as it's next to a highway. The shuttle bus driver were great! Very nice and knowledgeable. The shuttle will take you to the subway so you can catch the train into Manhattan instead of a pricy cab. They will also transport you to and from the airport. I will return again to save money and have a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ERetreats
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Hello,
I booked a room at this Hotel through a third party, and they put the incorrect dates on my reservation. I tried contacting the third party and they informed me there was nothing they could do, but they added that my credit card would not be charged until I checked in. So I could call the hotel and see if they can make the change for me. I then contacted the hotel and politely informed them of my situation, and asked if they could change my reservation from check in on Nov 11th to the 4th. a simple change I thought. However, the nighttime manager I spoke with informed me he could not make that change. I then asked what would happen if I simply did not show up and he informed me my credit card would still be charged the amount of the reservation. I then asked the manager how they would just charge my credit card for a reservation when I am calling them well in advance of my check in date, and after I clearly explained the mistake?

I am not trying to CANCEL my reservation, I simply wanted to change the check in date. The hotel is a nice hotel, it is in the perfect area, and I got a decent price for it so I really do not have any complaints (Other than the fact that the manager I spoke with refused to use his discretion to change the reservation), so I am perplexed as to why the management at this hotel would antagonize a customer rather than try to accommodate a simple request to change the check in date. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Expresses and actually they are one of my favorite hotels to use when traveling. I have NEVER had an issue such as this when staying at one of their hotels. At any rate I am going to contact the Operations Manager tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do.

Hopefully this review helps someone and I will also post what happens when I speak with the manager tomorrow. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jpaulwhite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
2.6 km away
Hotel de Point
#6 of 18 in Flushing
1.7 km away
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!