“Great dumplings”

White Bear
Ranked #55 of 682 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 November 2016

White Bear is a tiny hole in the wall Chinese place in Flushing. IT has a bit of a reputation now for its spicy wontons, number 6 on the menu. They are tasty, but not at all too spicy. I agree with reviewers that were let down. I still think you should order them, but I found that number 19 on the menu was better, which are the pork dumplings.

There aren't many places to sit, so you might be eating outside if it's during a busy moment.

I think this is a good place to drop by if you're doing a food tour of the area.

There are newer reviews for White Bear

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I walked in and was looking at the board. The woman behind the counter tells me, "You want #6, sit, sit." I nodded my head and sat down. The order came out in a couple minutes and they were really good. The dumplings were like big wontons (not fancy crimped). They were cheap and really good. I will be stopping here again.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Read all the good reviews, came here expecting much. Left with some disappointment as I felt like the dumplings didn't meet up to the standards. Only one person in front of us to order and it took a good 5 minutes before they actually took our order. By that time, the line was growing to about 7 parties waiting to order. Dumpling skin was good, the rest was nothing to rave about.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

For all of those who said to try the #6 hot oil wontons, I did follow your advice. And the rice wonton wrappers were well executed, and the hot oil was not bad (though not really hot). But the meat inside was grainy and gritty . . . and inferior to both the wrapper and hot oil. Not a pleasant experience!

Reviewed 15 April 2016

mom and pop hole in the wall, wontons in hot oil, sick, can not be beat anywhere including china, wow, crazy good, and the guy who said must takeout, no way,have a seat and enjoy!!