“Awesome Crab Dumplings”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

They have the best crab dumplings. There's no other place in town that even comes close. We also ordered soft shell crab, chk & cucumber in hot sauce and house special rice cake. All were really good. But if nothing else the crab dumplings are a must try.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I love different kinds of Chinese food and this will give you one of the best tastes of Shanghai. Everyone will tell you that the dumplings are the best, which they are, but this restaurant really has an enormous number of delicious plates to offer, and I recommend trying a wide selection when you go. It can get very crowded here so try to get in early or go on a weeknight, otherwise be prepared for a potentially long wait.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Oh how I LOVE this restaurant! They have the best dumplings this side of China! It is a crazy busy place, so wait in that line to get in but it is so worth it. Don't forget to order multiple orders of soup dumplings, depending on the size of your party...they are awesome. We will be back soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

My friends and I came here after a night of drinking and found the dumplings to be just what we needed. They are apparently known for their pork and crab meat dumplings, and I liked those the best. That said, their vegetable and regular pork dumplings, both steamed and fried, are excellent too. The service is also really good, though I would not recommend dawdling when you are finished because there is likely a line of people waiting for a table. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Chinatown in Queens for the first time.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We shared lunch with some friends at Joe's Shanghai - it was recommended to us by one of our friends who is originally from Shanghai, China. Since she spoke the native language, she ordered everything. The food was delivered promptly and tasted delicious. There were some local dishes that only the 'mandarin speaking' could order. They were dishes not normally on the menu. Overall a great experience.

Been to Joe's Shanghai? Share your experiences!