Spicy & Tasty Inc
Ranked #49 of 693 Restaurants in Flushing
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We decided to try the Flushing chinese experience yesterday and it was enjoyable. Dan Dan Noodles, Red Chili noodles and Cold Seasame noodles plus spicy dumplings. Hot and sour soup Frog with Garlic and Chili peppers Sizzling Beef Szechuan Pork Smoked Tea Duck and House Fried Rice. I have to say all of it was good. Staff were very friendly and keep in mind it's cash only. We need to come back to the neighborhood as there is so many places to try

Reviewed 5 January 2017

It was freezing outside when we dived into this hole-in-the-wall mom & pop restaurant. We were greeted with warm and pleasant service. Food arrived quickly and was wonderfully spicy – not overpowering, just very rich, strong flavors. Their hot & sour soup and mapu tofu were beautiful versions of old favorites. Greatly looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Based on other reviews, we headed to Spicy & Tasty for lunch while in Flushing last weekend. We arrived Saturday at about 1:45pm and the place was nearly empty. On the back table, staff were toiling away prepping a mountain of basil and string beans. (I guess there's some charm to watching this activity going on in the dining room during one's meal, but I found it reminiscent of sweat-shop pictures I've seen.)

The menu is certainly interesting, with lots of dishes not readily available in typical NYC Chinese food establishments; nevertheless, our selected dishes were generally less than stellar. Different types of rice balls we ordered were variously too oily or soggy, or not all that flavorful, and my dry sautéed Szechuan beef--ordered "extra-spicy"--was not all that "dry". What's more, the chef merely chopped-up and dumped in a ton of dried chilis to address my "extra-spicy" request. Pretty disappointing... A hacked chicken dish and the sautéed broccoli my wife ordered were okay, but again, not particularly memorable.

Finally, the service was very uneven. Some of the staff were pleasant and helpful, others seemed preoccupied and even glum. Not too much English spoken here either, which made ordering anything other than by menu number challenging.

So, not a really negative experience, just not the place we'll be in a rush to return too.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Good food - some very hot dishes. Well-prepared, clean restaurant. Not a lot of English spoken here, but that's just part of the adventure!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We went to Flushing looking for authentic Szechuan cuisine, and chose Spicy and Tasty after reading reviews. This turned out to be an excellent decision. While there is nothing fancy about this place, the food is simply the most outstanding Chinese food I have ever had. I am far from an expert on the authenticity of Szechuan cuisine, but I will say that I have eaten Chinese food across the US at many "hotspots" of Asian restaurants, and nothing has come close to this place. Everything was fresh, unique, and incredibly flavorful. I would return here in a heartbeat.