“Chinese New Year Celebration at Royal Queen”
Review of Grand Restaurant

Grand Restaurant
Ranked #335 of 682 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I attended a New Year celebration dinner last week at the Royal Queen (fka Grand Restaurant) at the New World Mall in Flushing, NY. The party was excellent, highlighted by the wonderful banquet presented by the Royal Queens. Dish after dish was excellently prepared and presented, including huge prawns, abalone, roast pig and Kobe beef. The service was attentive and professional.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Good, affordable food but not many vegetarian options on dim sum. A la carte service is good but the dim sum service is so-so. The servers mainly only speak Cantonese. I had difficulties conversing in Mandarin Chinese and English with them.

1  Thank annechen09
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Grand Restaurant? More like cheap restaurant! I came with a few friends who were locals from New York and we were treated like dirt! The service was appalling and we had to wait 30 minutes for the food to arrive since ordering. The waiter who was the manager was rude and unwelcoming. Upon asking for the cheque, I understood that tips were required in restaurants in the US so I gave them a more than generous tip for average food and absolutely disgusting service. We couldn't wait to get out of this place until the manager (who served us) demanded for a bigger tip - he said our tip was not enough! We were not only humiliated in front of the whole restaurant but also ruined our day in New York. I will definitely most certainly not be returning to this dump and I do not recommend it either. If you want to be treated like an animal, you should go to the zoo instead!

4  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

We attended with friends for breakfast and were blown away by the amazing food. This is definitely not the type of place you're going to find back home.

By far one of the best meals I have ever experienced. Very nice staff, great atmosphere.

Wish they had a change table for the baby but we made it work.

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Had some authentic dishes like chicken feet and pork skin. I are split lobster and cut up duck and lamb. Good wine service good and attentive