“amazing chinese restaurant”

Hunan House Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 682 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 May 2015

having eaten at chinese restaurants all my life,I found this amazing place. Food was excellent especially lamb-(spicy)-- eggplants without pork. Service was excellent and priced reasonably!!not too many non-asian guests were there.Great place for couples/family or friends

There are newer reviews for Hunan House Restaurant

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Last week we joined friends for a fabulous dinner at Hunan House. We live in Westchester where there is NO GOOD chinese food to be found. Every dish that we ordered here was outstanding. My only complaint was that the courses were not staggered enough. We began with the sauteed green beans that were perfect and the hunan style fish. The fish was served over a bed of bok choi. Next we tried the spicy sauteed lotus root and the smoked hunan duck. Also delicious. Our favorite dish of the night was steamed eggplant topped with minced pork and crumbled duck egg yolk. We so wanted to try some more dishes but were stuffed. The portion sizes are very generous and very reasonably priced. I see another visit on the horizon!

BTW, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the service friendly and helpful. In the rear of the restaurant, on an upper level, they have huge round tables that can seat large parties. I'd like to come with a big group so that we can try many more dishes.
Parking can be a bit challenging but well worth the effort. Try Hunan House, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank AZJZ
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

The napkins are dirty and smell. The paper to cover the chopsticks was torn and reused. The teapot is slimy and dirty. Must be paying off the inspector.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

A chinese friend of my cousin took us to this restaurant to taste spicy dishes, the decor is very oriental, not many people inside dining on tuesday, a guy recommended us some spicy dishes and has warned me in advance, I said no need to be less spicy, just cook it as usual! God it was too spicy, tho tasteful! had to drink 3,4 glasses of water immediately, the price is rather cheap compare to Bogota Chinese Restaurants, might take a try to burn your throat out!

1  Thank Roberto R
Reviewed 29 September 2014

There were three of us for dinner early on a Sunday evening at Hunan House in Flushing, Queens. Easy to get to from Manhattan, even if it takes an hour on the 7 train.
As all the reviews told us to do, we had the spicy cumin lamb and it was phenomenal! It didn't disappoint! Thin slices of lamb wok seared with lots of dried red chilis, garlic and ginger as well as fresh green chilis. Yum!
We had stinky tofu for the first time, and we all enjoyed this dish as well. Not too stinky, but def a strong flavor.
Next was an eggplant and pork casserole that was probably the best thing that we ate. Super complicated flavor profile.
We had spicy head-on shrimp that were huge and cooked with just the right amount of heat.
Another stand-out the old stand-by Ma Po tofu. Prepared with lots of chili oil and ground pork, but thankfully no peas! They used silky tofu, which I love! Great dish.
Would I go again?