“Great Chinese food at a great price”
Review of Imperial Palace

Imperial Palace
Ranked #35 of 682 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Another of my lunch places and I have never been disappointed. This Chinese restaurant has lasted over 10 years which is staying power in the competitive atmosphere of Flushing restaurants.... Once you are branded as "no good" in Flushing restaurant business your closed in a month literally. Great selection at great prices.

There are newer reviews for Imperial Palace

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I've been coming to this restaurant for years and the food just gets better every time. My normal order of food with my family consists of the seafood casserole, steamed flounder, beef with garlic sauce, general tso chicken, peking pork chops and many different noodles dishes. This place by far is one of the best authentic tastes and style of cooking in flushing. This places caters to everyone, whether it be a party, lunch, dinner or take out. Every occasion they shine. The food quality has always kept its consistency and taste. Service is wonderful, well mannered and quick. If you are visiting Flushing and want to try out some great chinese food, definitely stop by here for lunch. They have lunch specials!!! Prices are very fair and lunch specials comes with rice and soup along with the main dish you ordered. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

When I first visited Flushing Chinatown 3 years ago, I discovered the big restaurants in newer, nicer buildings. The food was good but not terrific. Several visits later and with some online research, I am discovering the hidden gems in Flushing and this is one of them. I had tried crab/lobster over sticky rice at another restaurant, but it was disappointing: the rice was too hard and dry.

There were only two of us so we chose carefully so that we wouldn't end up with too much food on the table. Dungeness crab over sticky rice is their specialty and we ordered one. It came in a large bamboo steamer filled with sticky rice cooked in diced ginger, garlic and green onion. The crab was cut up and assembled over the rice and steamed; not unlike the other restaurant I visited 5 months ago, but they used small lobsters.

It looked like a lot of food, but the portion was just nice for two. The rice was well prepared, soft and moist as it should be. The juice from the crab was infused in the rice and made it very flavorful. It was memorable meal. We ordered winter melon soup and pea shoots to accompany the meal and it was satisfying; we didn't over eat.

We noticed that this dish or another like it substituting langoustines for the crab at a lower price was brought to 80% of the tables, so this a must have item here. The menu is quite extensive and we will have to come back again to try their other dishes.

We were indeed very happy to have discovered this restaurant. Interior decoration is rather dated and not much ambiance. You can have a moderately priced meal here if you choose non seafood dishes, but you can do that at other very good restaurants in the area. Seafood is a must try at this restaurant as evidenced by what was brought to other tables. Soup and veggies came quite quickly, the crab over rice took longer. Waitress came to clear the plates filled with crab shells frequently and gave us a stack clean ones.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

Excellent food in an atmosphere where food is all that matters although the service is very good by some standards. Crab and lobster are supreme but fish is delicate, clams are wonderful and pork dishes complement greatly

Reviewed 10 September 2015

We have eaten in a number of places in Flushing's China Town. Some have been very good, some have been very bad, and a lot have been mediocre. We were looking for somewhere new for dinner, and after reading a number of different reviews, Imperial Palace seemed to fit the bill. The restaurant was crowded with families, couples and small groups, most of whom were Asian, which said to me that the food was authentic. My only hesitation was that New York has a Health Department Restaurant Rating System that are posted in the window and they only received a B. I usually only go to restaurants that have an A rating. I was very glad we stayed. The menu was great, with both familiar and more unusual choices. The waiter spoke English and was nice and helpful about how much food we should order. And the food was delicious! We stuck with seafood, which seem to be many of their specialties, but there are many other choices for those who prefer their food from the land. We will be back to try some other dishes.