“Dim sum goodness”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Good Kitchen Restaurant or for those who speak Chinese, Dong Yi Feng, has been the place to go to for family dim sum and dinners (usually when out of town relatives or friends are visiting). If you're in the mood for dim sum (chinese breakfast/brunch), they open quite early around 8am (I think). We frequently go for dim sum around noon on the weekends. For dim sum, they have servers pushing around dim sum carts in which you get to select what dishes you want. Some of favorite dishes we frequently order include: beef tripe, chicken feet, ribs, egg custards, sesame ball with sweet filling, congee, and a slew of too many others to name. The servers are usually quick to clear the empty dim sum baskets and refill the tea when necessary. On top of that, the price isn't bad; a group of 5-6 people can easily satisfy their dim sum cravings for about $60-70 total. There are many other family style restaurants in the Flushing area that serve the dim sum but Dong Yi Feng seems to be the family favorite among them all.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I usually enjoy my dim sum lunches with my mother at Asian Jewels a few blocks away. She suggested this spot and I do remember eating here some years ago. The dishes here are priced reasonably and tasty. The shu mai here is much bigger than other dim sum restaurants. The food comes out steaming hot. The wait staff is really fast to remove any empty containers and refill your tea pot with hot water. The tab was just over $40 for a party of three and included a few plates to go. Everyone here is very nice and I will definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank droolytabooly
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We were on our way to LaGuardia and had time to spare so we took a detour to Flushing and happened on this place. Very nice selection (though not the largest I have seen) .... fresh shumai, greens, chicken feet, dumplings .... delicious food, attentive service. Very friendly servers who were patient and did their best to explain the various dishes (my family members had never had dim sum). We ate a good deal of food and it was less than $50 for the 3 of us. Would definitely visit them again.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 11 November 2015

The wedding banquet food was very good. The dishes came out hot and presentation was good. The banquet was held in the upstairs dining room.
I will try this place for dim sum or dinner sometime for more evaluation.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Ate here for large gathering family dinner. Was average for Chinese restaurant dinner. Food was pretty greasy. Nothing to call home about. One thing that impressed me was the bathrooms were clean and this is very atypical for a Chinese restaurant and the dining area was bright and well lit and clean. Definitely a plus, but food was very average.

Date of visit: August 2015