“Spur of the moment Dim Sum - yum!”
Review of Dong Yi Feng

Dong Yi Feng
Ranked #148 of 693 Restaurants in Flushing
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 13 February 2016

We were on our way to LaGuardia and had time to spare so we took a detour to Flushing and happened on this place. Very nice selection (though not the largest I have seen) .... fresh shumai, greens, chicken feet, dumplings .... delicious food, attentive service. Very friendly servers who were patient and did their best to explain the various dishes (my family members had never had dim sum). We ate a good deal of food and it was less than $50 for the 3 of us. Would definitely visit them again.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

The wedding banquet food was very good. The dishes came out hot and presentation was good. The banquet was held in the upstairs dining room.
I will try this place for dim sum or dinner sometime for more evaluation.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Ate here for large gathering family dinner. Was average for Chinese restaurant dinner. Food was pretty greasy. Nothing to call home about. One thing that impressed me was the bathrooms were clean and this is very atypical for a Chinese restaurant and the dining area was bright and well lit and clean. Definitely a plus, but food was very average.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I've heard other reviewers say the dim sum in Flushing is just average, but I really enjoyed the dim sum at Dong Yi Feng. I've eaten dim sum in many other places, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Manhattan, and what we ate may not have been the best in the world, but it was very tasty! We sampled a braised beef dish, shrimp in rice paper, ham and corn dumplings, pork buns and spring rolls. We also got some pork bao and lotus seed bao and pork spareribs to go. With tea, it all came to under $30. Very reasonable and delicious. And so much fun to order from the carts! The waitresses, although they didn't have a huge command of English, were beaming at us and seemed so glad that we were eating their food! We'll definitely come back and try some of the more exotic dishes..... tripe, chicken feet, things we have no idea what they are. GREAT FUN!

Reviewed 4 January 2015

This is a big place for dim sum. They have 2 floors. One good thing is you get free parking if you eat here. The parking structure is right next to this place. I like this a lot because service is decent and especially better if you bring your non Asian friends here. They have a good variety of food. Everything is flavorful and if you ask for their chili oil, it even enhances some of the dishes. It mainly does so for the traditional "dumpling" shrimp (Har gow) and pork wrapped in wonton wrapper with shrimp on top (Siu Mai). Some dishes to highlight. I thought the chicken feet were seasoned well. It wasn't overly fatty and the sauce wasn't over starched.

Their steamed rice noodle with shrimp was excellent (Har cheong). They used fairly big sized shrimps and the rice noodle was smooth and slightly chewy.

I like the deep fried sesame balls with lotus paste inside. Nicely fried, not overly sweet.

The white turnip was really good. It wasn't overly fried and the turnip had a nice texture to it.

All the dishes we ordered that had taro in it was good. Lots of taro pieces/flavor. The one dish that was fried, the batter flaked off and when you ate that with the taro, it didn't taste like one giant grease ball.

The egg custards were tasty! Not overly sweet and it came to us hot which made it taste that much better. The dough was fluffy and flaked off nicely.

Service was excellent for obvious reasons. We asked them on multiple occasions to bring forks, water, re-fill on our waters, and they even exchanged all our plates (for some of us, 3 times). That was quite surprising.

The decor is all decorated in yellow/gold. All the chairs have golden colored upholstery. This place is definitely ready to go for a Chinese wedding ceremony.

Overall I highly recommend this place (my new favorite dim sum place) and will definitely be coming back here again.

1  Thank Mystiqz