“Great bakery”
Review of Buttercooky Bakery

Buttercooky Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Floral Park
Cuisines: American
Description: For over 50 years Buttercooky Bakery has served Long Island residents fresh-baked cookies, pastries and cakes. Our flagship store has become a Floral Park fixture and our Manhasset store has been building a following for a decade and counting. At Buttercooky, our quality shows in every delicious bite. We use only the finest ingredients available to create our baked goods. Buttercooky Bakery offers a variety of traditional European confections, as well as a wide array of cookies, pastries, pies and cakes for all occasions. Buttercooky Bakery opened its doors September 1962 in Floral Park, NY. Since that day, we have made it our mission to supply the Long Island community with the highest quality and freshest baked goods. Living by our trademarked motto, "Baked with Butter, Makes It Better." From these humble beginnings, we have continued to grow and expand in our never-ending pursuit for excellence, and have gained a loyal following.
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

The place is very clean and staff very nice .Prices are reasonable .Went on a Sunday morning and there was a line ,that's how good the pastry and cakes are.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting our relatives and my brother in law recommended to las by and try some of the stuff there .
We do not have regret , the bread is great and the sweets OMG .

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I'm completely disgusted by the service I received here.

For the past few years this has been the ONLY bakery I went to, to purchase cakes, pastries, custom cakes, etc. I have gotten custom made, $80+ cakes at least 7 times and every single birthday cake for everyone in my family. They have always been reasonably priced and the quality was always great. I have recommended many people, schools, daycares, parents, other family members and even some strangers.

I came to place my son's birthday cake order some time this past September. The gentleman told me the cake would be $225, it seemed to be a simple cake so that seemed outrageous to me. I came back a few days later and this time the manager told me it would be $75, but $15 extra for red velvet.

On 11/25 I came and picked up the cake, had my son's birthday party and myself, along with most of the other people at the party were disappointed with the quality of the cake. Presentation was cute, definitely not worth $90 though. The cake was bland. It was not decadent and rich like red velvet is. It tasted like vanilla cake with red food coloring. There were also parts of the cake that were hard. Under the frosting was moist but then it seemed like a layer of crunchy cake. I was so disappointed that immediately after the party I went to Buttercooky, because I was sure they would rectify it or at least acknowledge that this isn't usually how their cake is made.

The manager came over and took the cake to the back, came back and said that it was held up to their standard and there was nothing they could do. I sat there, confused and explained to her I'm a very loyal, frequent costumer and I was positive this cake wasn't made right. I even offered to purchase a red velvet cake to compare it to the custom made one I ordered. As I was speaking it looked like she was nodding off, either from drugs or just falling asleep on me.

I got tired of the back and forth and asked what she could do to rectify this. Nothing. She said there was certain rules she needed to follow and if she did something for me then she would have to do something for every person who was unhappy with their cakes. Huh? How many people come back unhappy with their cakes? She then asked two of her employees to taste the cake to see if it was moist. They then proceeded to stick their fingers into the cake!! I was appalled and decided it was best I just left, leaving behind more than a quarter of the cake. So, no refund for the $15 I paid for it to be red velvet, not a cupcake, a $10 voucher for my next order , not even an apology for my experience.

I will NEVER patron this business again and I will make sure everyone i ever speak to, knows that your customer service is disgusting and awful!

Date of visit: November 2017
3  Thank Jenn Q
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We ordered a Mocha cake and a vanilla/chocolate cake for a company party. The box was labeled "Mocha" but it looked and tasted nothing like a Mocha cake. Some thought it was a cake with a coffee taste, others thought it was a Tiramasu, but it was definitely not a mocha cake. Both cakes were terribly dry and lacked taste. It was quite a disappointment. We brought the cakes back and were hoping management would offer us two new cakes to replace these bad ones, or a store credit. Much to our surprise, they said No, there is nothing wrong with these cakes. What kind of customer service is that? Everyone at work threw the cake out. How good could these cakes actually be if after one taste they were all in the garbage. These cakes were not cheap. It cost $40 for the both of them. Obviously the management has no training in customer service and keeping the customer happy. We are a large corporation and this bakery just lost a lot of business that could have went their way if they did the right thing by either replacing the cakes with what was originally ordered or at least offered a store credit. That's a terrible way to do business, which they just lost ours. I do not recommend ordering from this bakery.

Date of visit: July 2017
3  Thank tracey m
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great place. ..very delicious pastries, cakes, cookies etc...a bit pricey but worth the money..has a good seating area and friendly service

Date of visit: July 2017