All reviewsquichethe ownerbagelsgreat suggestionscakesgreat breakfastfeel at homeold housestained glassloved sitting on the porchinteresting antiquesking bedmid octoberrecommend it to anyonesurrounding areaperfect weekendfriday night
Reviewed 16 October 2016

The host is friendly and welcoming. The room was ok, nothing special! The place was clean. It's not your modern accommodation by any means. But you feel safe and welcomed. The breakfast was great! The bathrooms and bedrooms can be updated a bit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Thanks for the review. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, as well as our fantastic breakfast. And being a 129 year old Victorian, we also have a wonderful country old fashioned feel, with original stained glass and country quilts in our rooms. For guests looking for modern accommodations, there are several motels in the area that are great.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

My husband and I had to find a place to stay in a pinch for a wedding weekend - we were given Ben's name and he returned my call immediately (great sign!). Ben couldn't have been more helpful with directions and what to do in the area. We also had a lovely breakfast each morning which included fresh fruit. The B & B was spotless and full of family heirlooms. The wedding was in Margaretville which was less than 10 min away and the price was very reasonable. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

I'm so glad I had availability and was able to host you. Thanks for staying here at River Run, and we look forward to your return!

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I booked the hotel on the last min after being disappointed with the holiday home I booked. Ben was to nice to help ma and my family immediately even gave me a discount when he realize that i was disappointed with the holiday home I booked. The hotel was clean and the breakfast excellent. My wife was not a country person but after staying in the hotel for a night she started to like the peace and quietness of the area.
I will always recommend this hotel for anybody to want to have a peacefully and quietness of country side holiday.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

I'm so glad everything worked out and you were able to stay at River Run after your disappointing experience with your holiday rental home. And yes, we have a lot of peace and quiet! Thanks again,

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We had a peaceful and relaxing week at River Run. Ben is the perfect host, congenial and attentive, and happy to provide all kinds of wonderful suggestions for where to go and what to do if you are seeking to acquaint yourself with local culture and cuisine.

Room Tip: we preferred the upstairs with private bath.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miwro
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

It was great to have you here as guests for a nice relaxing week. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Thanks,

Reviewed 12 July 2016

We booked a room here on a whim - not knowing the wonderful implications of our last minute decision making.

First: The wrap around porch is gorgeous, comfy and great for reading, doing crafts, playing music, studying for summer exams and/or completing last minute tasks for work that you could not leave at the office. (Whether there be sun or torrential downpours).

Second: The backyard is a magnificent testimony to the wonders of the Catskill mountains, with a lovely river marking its borders.

Third: Breakfast is a delight. I don't know if River Run attracts a particular caliber of guests, but the company was great, and the food fueled me for a busy day of wedding preparations.

Fourth: The decor is warm, quirky and filled with historical oohs, aahs, and giggles - you can just ask Ben and he will impart the origins of his curations with a side smile.

Which brings me to Ben.

BEN IS THE MAN!!!

He is kind, super helpful and fun. (And he has an amazing basset hound named Barney who likes to be scratched behind the ear). When called upon last minute to create a wedding cake topper out of Sculpey, Ben generously granted us use of his oven to bake our little polymer turkeys.

River Run is great, you can drop all of the Game of Thrones references you like. So book a room before the Lannisters try to steal it back.

I can't wait to return! Thanks Ben!

Room Tip: Third floor has smaller rooms, good for kids and young folk.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

So glad you enjoyed your stay....it was a pleasure having you, and I'm so glad I was able to help out with your creation of the cake topper for your friend's wedding. Your review really captures what the inn is all about...thanks! And Barney and I look forward to your return!
--Ben