“Seedy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Seedy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was a bad experience. We stayed two nights. When we left for the day on the first morning, we assumed our room would be cleaned when we returned. NO such luck. First, we couldn't get into our room because our keys had been disabled. When we got the keys and opened the door everything was the way we left it. There was one bar of soap for four people for two days! The door from the parking lot to the hallway on the first floor was never locked. We felt very unsafe. The breakfast was okay except for the dirty plates. The furniture in the room was from another era as well as the TV. You couldn't get any of the local stations. Lots of stains on the carpeting. Dark hallway and a good distance from the lobby. It was a scary place. We will never stay at another Ramada Inn again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy S
abchew, General Manager at Ramada Fishkill, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest:

We are indeed sorry that you found our property "seedy". We apologize for the presentation you encountered and have striven to make our property a clean and well maintained operation.
We hope you might give us another chance and ask that you return and I will personally guarantee that you have an exceptional stay. Thank you.

Yours truly,

Adair Chew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

no remote, shower head didn't function properly, telephone didn't work, requested 2-3 blankets and they only wanted to give us one, am buffet no silverware, plates were not properly cleaned (food residue)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael V

Travellers are raving about these Fishkill hotels

long island, new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

The hotel itself needs a major facelift. It is like a "grand dame" who needs some work done to restore her to her former glory.

However, the rates were very reasonable. They offered a complimentary bfast buffet which was very nice, had a fitness center, business center with free internet, free wi-fi in the room and the hotel is very centrally located just off exit 13 on Interstate 84. There are many places to eat and shop nearby.

Happy Hour at the bar featured .50 cent wings that were very good. Even when I stopped by the area and visited some friends, I stopped in for the wings special.

Last but certaintly not least, I found the customer service to be excellent. Upon check in, Shana was beyond helpful (she actually microwaved my dinner for me when I asked if there was a microwave on the premises) and my wake up calls, which are very important to me, were done accurately. Actually, one wake up call was the person working the desk at the time. I thought that was a nice touch. When I called asking for directions to the hotel, Frank was very helpful as well and when I lost my room key, Steven was beyond helpful. I didnt feel judged. I had a small issue with my room and maintenance was beyond helpful.

Overall, a great experience, but as I mentioned, the property needs a facelift.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 1snappleltommy
Hopewell Jct, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

We found this hotel on priceline because it was the only hotel left due to the freak storm. This hotel has been in the area for over 30 years, for a long time it was a holiday inn. Its old, kinda smelled in the hallway, needs to be updated, walls are thin, food was good at restraunt. Check in took forever since everyone was checking in. The manager was some big dude who should have his attitude checked. The girl who helped us was doing just fine but he had to be a jerk about things. The only reason i came here is to sleep and get a shower, this place isnt worth any money. The bathrooms smell by the back door, please update this place! You can even tell where the pay phones use to be back in the day. This place needs a change, thank god it was cheap!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Supachic311
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

The Front Desk can make a big difference in the quality of my travel, so when I encounter an employee who really helps after a long day of driving and when there is a problem in the room, I am very impressed.

I like this Ramada because it has a good breakfast and is conveniently located. I usually arrive late at night. The Front Desk receptionist whose name is shana was very friendly, welcoming and helpful, even the following morning at checkout after working all night! I really appreciated her attitude and hospitality.

Tom