“Great Choice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Westmont, NJ
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

As a group of six adults who wanted to tour the lower and middle Hudson River Valley but stay in one spot, we choose this hotel. Old reviews are outdated as the hotel has been rebuilt and it is very good. We stayed four nights. The staff is very helpful. The lobby area is nice. The rooms were very adequate in size and had excellent mattresses. The free breakfast is far more than one would expect. The location is excellent for West Point, Hyde Park, Kingston, Cold Spring, etc.

• Liked — location, breakfast, beds
  • Disliked — pool closed
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank stanemt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

I had researched reviews of various hotels in the area of Cornwall and Fishkill, NY. After considering the reviews, I decided Holliday Inn Express, although more expensive, would be the best place to stay. I called to reserve a room for the next night, I was told that I could not cancel my reservation because I was already past the 24 hour cancel policy, no problem! I arrived at the hotel, it was nice and new, I figured I would enjoy my stay, boy was I wrong! Yes, the rooms are new and nicely decorated but it was small but OK for just one person. The staff was rude and did not want to be bothered once I checked in. I stood at the front desk for 5 or so minutes waiting for someone to come out from the back so I could ask about places to eat. The hotel is new but the pool and sunroom was closed until further notice (the note on the door did not explain why). That was one of the reasons I wanted to stay at this hotel, big disappointment! Of course, I was not told that when I made the reservation. The next morning, I thought breakfast was good until I got sick several hours later and had severe stomach pains for the next two days. When I checked out, I received my bill and everything was OK but then when I checked my bank account a few days later, there were additional charges. When I called the hotel, I was bounced around from person to person and no one could answer my questions. I called Holliday Inn Corporate Office and was told that they could not help me. I am still trying to get answers. Needless to say, this really ruined my stay!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank koalabear429
Pittsford, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2008

3 months old in April 2008, this is a convenient, spanking new hotel, with simple but clean and comfortable. There is no onsite restaurant but within walking distance are numerous sit down and fast food establishments. Room 413 is above the lobby; even number rooms so far look over a vacant lot across to another hotel. Onsite is a small pool and jacuzzi, the pool being rectangular, perhaps 20feet long. When you get off at the exit from I-84 going north, the first hotel you'll see is a Holiday Inn; keep going one more block on right hand side for the Holiday Inn Express. Holiday Inn Express features the complimentary breakfast, which is a step up from the standard, danish, doughnuts, and dried cereal and coffee; this offering included sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit. Overall a fine value, the room sound insulating stood up in the evening as we shared the hotel with a full load of middle schoolers staying over for a science competition at a local college. East of the Thruway exit on I-84 you'll also see on both sides of the highway the forbidding visage of New York's Ossining Prison.

Befitting a new, mid budget level hotel, the rooms are a bit small, but smartly furnished with deco-like light fixtures, contemporary dark toned furniture, and the obligatory "enhanced" bedding amenities. As you can tell we enjoyed our brief stay here, this reinforces the observation that the quality of a hotel stay not only involves brand, but the age/state of refurbishment of a lodging are also important factors.

• Liked — Spanking new
  • Disliked — Small non lap swim compatible pool
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BZT