“Not Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We tried this restaurant because the wait at Il Barilotto was too long. We should have waited. The staff was very friendly and the service was good but the food was not good at all. We tried a normal menu item and one of the specials and both were bad. Its a shame as the place is very nice inside.

1  Thank Tony C

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently had a chance to try this restaurant. My wife and I were extremely surprised that it meet our expectations. The service was nothing short of fantastic. They approached at the right time and knew when to let you enjoy your company and meal. Everything that we had was delicious. The most amazing thing to us and most important was the sauce(gravy to some). It put the meals over the top. Prices are within the range they should be. Please try this restaurant and you won't be disappointed.enjoy!!!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I stopped in for a drink at the bar with my BF. Two people behind the bar. One young woman gave us water and then walked away never to be seen again. The other disappeared as well. We pulled a disappearing act as well straight through the door. Someone else got my business that night.

1  Thank DRoman
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We visited here on Saturday May 13th to celebrate 2 Birthdays. Reservation for 6 at 6pm. Arrived a little early and was immediately seated. Our server was polite but seemed hurried. We were offered drinks immediately and placed an appetizer order. The appetizer took almost 1/2 hour to arrive at the table and this was a cold antipasto, so no cooking required. In the meantime, we placed our dinner order. Dinner took extremely long to come, approximately another 1/2 hour wait after we had eaten our antipasto, even though we placed the dinner order as soon as we received our drinks. It appeared as if there was only one cook preparing all meals with no help. Crabmeat stuffed Raviolis had bits of shell, the Chicken in lemon and butter wine sauce over spinach was extremely greasy, and the only notable items we had were the bread and the antipasto. Other than these two items, the food was average to poor and the wait times extremely long. $4 for coffee, $9 for Tartuffo yet a Cannoli was only $4 or $5. Once and I'm done. There are more choices here on Main Street in Fishkill. I would recommend you explore the other eateries.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Why is it so hard to find good old style American Italian cooking. Nothing with foam or fusion, just like Tony S and Goodfellas would enjoy. Shrimp cocktail, clams casino, pasta fagioli, Eggplant parmesan, Spaghetti Bolognese, scampi and veal dishes like Nonna would make. Locanda has it. Portions are huge, Flavours are great. Wine by the bottle is very nicely priced. Gluten free pasta on request too. Service was super and (if you know who is reading this) sorry, I didn't tip enough.