“Great local spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Nice casual informal place to enjoy lunch. We have enjoyed taking friends of ours there who were visiting from out of town when you want a nice meal but don’t want to spend a ton of money. It’s one of our favorite local spots.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My Son took my daughter and his family out for a birthday dinner tonight. I ordered breaded eggplant parmesan. I was served the marinated grilled eggplant parmesan instead. I brought it to server's attention who said they'd let the cook know. I never got the right meal and server said " i told the cook" . My Son paid alot for the whole party. The issue could've been easily resolved but it wasn't. They did take my meal off the bill. Too bad i never got to have a birthday dinner.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I love pubs, and The Tomato Cafe gets two thumbs up for its coziness and homey, dinged pub tables. I don't know where the owners found staff with such high-wattage smiles, but they should do everything in their power to keep them. The service was excellent-- attentive, timely, and cheerful. Our burgers were a juicy delight, and the home-made fries a yummy guilty-pleasure.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Solid basic AMERICAN breakfast with thick cut bacon. Large portion, my over-easy eggs were prepared well. Rye toast was a good quality. Nice service. Opportunity for improvement: the tea water was not hot enough, so it didn’t steep well. Upgrade your preserve selection. Buy local and serve in a small monkey dish.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This review is for the new Poughkeepsie location. The food is good and the service was fine. Nothing to distinguish this restaurant, at this time. Maybe when we go back, it will be more memorable.