“Average but Gluten Free”

King David's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

How long has it been since we had pita and hummus? Too long! We stopped in King David’s because we heard they had a gluten free menu. We couldn’t find one online so didn’t know what to expect. We were excited to find many options, including GF pita! My tween son got the sampler and loved the chicken shish kabob, hummus, falafel, and babaganoush . The Greek salad didn’t look appetizing but he said it was tasty. He didn’t like the beef chawarma. I tried it and agreed: the meat was horribly tough. I had the chicken chawarma and thought it was good. The falafel was excellent. The grape leaves were disappointing: too tightly wrapped, small (think Slim Jim size) and all dried out. There were plenty of vegetarian options. I would have like to have tried the beet salad. My son had the rice pudding. It had a nice, creamy feel in the mouth by otherwise was bland. (A little cinnamon would have gone far.) Everyone in the place was extremely nice, from the cooks up front to the waitstaff, and service was prompt and good. All in all, if you are gluten free, I recommend you try King David’s.

1  Thank Susan G

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Ordered a chicken Gyro thinking it would be tasty. The chicken was tough and tasteless. You would think that the chicken would have a nice flavor, after all this King Davids has been in business how long? I tried them many years ago when he was in the Galleries in Downtown Syracuse and it was awful. At least I know he has stayed consistent.

1  Thank Kassy E
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I've frequented the original King David's since my college days at Syracuse University. And since, I've met friends and students there for lunch, coffee, meetings, etc. Now that King David's is in the Fayetteville Towne Center, it is even easier to enjoy their food. The fare is Middle Eastern/Greek which you order at the cash register and then enjoy at your table. King David has never failed to please - lots of menu options and ample seating in the restaurant and beyond in the mall commons. The only part that I wish I could change (and this is just window-dressing) is that it seems so dark inside - the ambiance could be improved by more light. Take-out is offered so I can take the whole meal home and eat it in my bright kitchen and dining room if I prefer!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I went here for dinner. I hadn't been here in years and it was good to be back. I ordered the Chawarma Bowl. It came with plenty of meat, rice, and toppings. One dining companion had the sampler plate. The other had falafel pita. Everyone was really happy with their choices. The menu had changed since our last visit but the quality was as good as I remember.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

When I want to remember Ben Yehuda St in Israel, I go to King David's. Excellent falafel. Their food is fabulous.