“No frills, cheaper than the rest”

Budget Inn Farmington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Single story motel, quaint, comfortable, quite, clean, and cheaper than the other options. Would stay again if passing through. Affordable. Seems like amenities updated and pics online are old. I stayed in a back room with a king bed. Good night's rest and warm hot shower with a clean bathroom. Family owned mom-and-pop kind of place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2016

As my husband and I were still in bed this morning (at 9:30 am) there was a knock on our door. Before my husband could get up and to the door, our door was open. Thankfully we had the chain on. When we checked out, I verified that checkout was at 11 am and asked the property's process for letting cleaning staff know when a room was vacant and ready to be cleaned. The answer was if there is no car outside the door and the key had been turned in. I said, well, here's our key and our car was parked right outside the door. Oh, I'm sorry was the reaction. No compensation offered. I will say the room was large and clean but I feel still a bit expensive as there are no extras. No breakfast. When I was halfway through my shower this morning the water decreased significantly and I finished my shower in a small stream of water. I wouldn't waste my money here again. I would rather pay a little more and have a nicer setting with more privacy.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Was happy that I found a hotel near my moms that was so cheap. Then I actually got there. At first I rang the bell at the front desk...For 10 minutes. Then I started opening and closing the front door to set the alarm off...For another 10 minutes. THEN, I called the front desk over and over and over again...FOR 10 MINUTES. I just started yelling hello, until I got bored and sat on the floor. A few minutes later, a young guy (probably the owners son) comes out of the back, and says "you here to check in?" I then say "I've been here for 35 minutes waiting to get checked in! I've been on the road all day!" He says "oh sorry, I fell asleep in the back" Are you KIDDING me? No apology or offered discount. I know this place was inexpensive, but if you're gonna run a business make sure it's run by your kid who's already had his nap.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kluckett5856
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Decided to stay here after reading reviews,. Large clean rooms with fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The beds are comfortable and it appears that rooms have been outfitted with new carpeting. I will stay there again. Very good restaurant next door too.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank cindyschh
Reviewed 6 October 2015

It is a basic motel. thin walls but not many rooms were full so nice and quiet . Management is very nice and accommodating. In-room supplies were good and price was good. Some upgrading should be done but tv, microwave and big compact refrigerator were perfect. Has coffee maker is near good restaurants and Dunkin Donuts. Bathroom was very clean and shower was very good. The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Any room would be good