“Simple restaurent good food”
Review of Bamboo Garden

Bamboo Garden
Ranked #22 of 47 Restaurants in Elmsford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 October 2017

There are no frills in this restaurant, just authentic Chinese food served by hardworking people. This is an "old fashioned" Chinese restaurant, with a pot of tea on the table, constantly refilled, a small pot of duck sauce, canned pineable with toothpicks at the end of the meal with fortune cookies. The wanton with spicy peanut sauce is excellent, as is the (off menu) chicken with black bean sauce. The bar-b-cue spare ribs are meaty. This is not a fly by night takeout "store". The food is goo, the take out business is brisk. If you like Chinese food this may be the best basic Chinese food in Westchester. Recommended when you want a satisfying Chinese meal at a reasonable price. Bring your own atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

the last two meals we've eaten here were over 10 years apart
the place now looks cleaner and brighter (new ownership?)
General Tsos chicken, pork fried rice, egg rolls, all very satisfying
We were on our way to Bed Bath and Beyond and decided to have lunch here
If I'm in the neighborhood, i might pop in again

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant monthly for a while. The food is good, I like there bento box lunch special. I use chopsticks to eat my meals. Today after finishing my lunch the waitress cleared my table. She took my unused silverware and placed it on the clean table next to me. It makes me think ... how clean is this place?

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Our first time eating here, save take-out once a few months ago. Very impressive menu and menu selections. Wait staff is attentive, portions very generous, service is good and food quite tasty. It is surprising to experience the calm atmosphere since you are close to the highway and in a shopping strip, but it is a very nice place.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

I got takeout, and was pouring the white rice out of the container, only to find this surprise at the bottom. Yes, that's a squashed bug. Gross. I will never be going back.