All reviews front desk indoor pool in house restaurant view of the river free breakfast room was clean check in was smooth have stayed here many times would stay here again first floor stayed for one night watkins glen convenient location corning museum of glass finger lakes lounge college
Reviewed 21 August 2018

The front desk clerk was really friendly and helpful. Not sure how clean the room was since the ice bucket had a donut in it, and the carpet was a scary brown color, but overall a decent place. I'd probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express next time.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 22 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us, SpicyTaters. We apologize for the inconveniences and we're certainly looking into the situation.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I stayed here on a trip to Watkins Glen. The hotel was easily accessible from the highway. The staff was very polite and accommodating throughout my contact with them prior to arrival and upon arrival. The room was clean and tidy. No complaints except the price was a high for class of hotel. If I could find it at a better rate I would stay again next time.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 14 August 2018

Thank you for staying with us, JDog584. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope if traveling in the area again you'll choose to stay with us!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

My party of 3 spent one night at this hotel. We walked in without a reservation after checking availability online, and picked this location for price and proximity to the Corning Museum of Glass.

Check in was smooth, and the front desk staff very pleasant. This is a large motel with different access points. It was quite full the day we stayed and we did not get parking close to our room.

The rooms are older, but clean and well kept. The bathroom had been updated. The sink did not drain well, but housekeeping and maintenance quickly fixed the problem.

Breakfast was not included. Instead, a maximum of two $10 coupons are given per room to offset the cost of food at the in-house restaurant. Kids under 12 eat free. Serving size is large, so we all ate within the $20 budget. I was susprised that coffee was priced at $2.50: there is free coffee in the lobby so i just chose that.

All the staff at the hotel were very friendly, and made an effort to please.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 July 2018

Thank you for staying with us, F V! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our customer service was good, as we strive for that.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

First and foremost, the staff here is one of the friendliest I have ever seen at a hotel. Obviously you expect the front desk staff to be, but even every maintenance worker, housekeeping, grounds, etc. I came across went out of their way to greet me in a friendly manner.

The hotel is what it is, I don't think any aspect if going to blow you away, its a standard Holiday Inn. The layout is a little funky but it is signed well so that helps. The breakfast was good and fairly priced, especially with the breakfast voucher!

If I had any complaint, it would be that it did not seem like all the pillow cases were washed. There were two that just smelled a little funky. There were plenty on the bed so I was fine in not using them but you would expect all the linens to be freshly washed before each stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2018

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, tlcoach14! We're glad you enjoyed your stay for the most part. We do apologize about the odd smell to your bed linen, had you let us know we could have replaced them. Hopefully that doesn't keep you from coming back if traveling in the area again!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stayed here for a weekend during my trip to Watkins Glen. Did not expect much other than a clean room and a pool. The hotel delivered on both fronts. The hotel is about a 30-minute drive from Watkins Glen.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 5 July 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview, akacaj! We're glad we could fulfill your accommodations and we hope to see you again!