“I'd recommend it”
Review of McClure's NY Deli

McClure's NY Deli
Ranked #46 of 110 Restaurants in Elmira
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Great place. Nice little sit down environment with a good atmosphere. Huge menu with fresh and homemade items. The pastrami was amazing. The brisket not so much. It was ok but nothing to write home about. Very friendly staff with very good service. Good prices for big portions. An $11 sub is a bit pricey, but that sub fed both my girlfriend and I (I ended up eating part of her half) and we were both full and satisfied.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Had a daily special of ribs. They were plenty of ribs in the order. They are meaty and we're not swimming in sauce. They had a nice level of "hot" flavor that did not ruin the taste. I had the 'slaw as my side. This is not your standard restaurant 'slaw. It is nice chopped pieces of cabbage.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

If you follow my posts, you know I travel constantly. I eat out almost everyday. Unless you're in NYC or Philly, a good deli, especially a sit-down deli, is hard to find. I've been to them in such cities. I've been disappointed a few times and most are just "so so."

I've been wanting a liverwurst on rye sandwich for months. I've asked for it a dozen times but seems that nobody has it. I can hear you guys now: "Eew, yuck! Liverwurst?" Ok. It's an acquired taste. But the best of them out there, I think, have bacon in it. Oh yum!

So, I'm a bit of a carnivore! The liverwurst sandwich at McClure's was so awesome that I returned the following day to try their hot pastrami on toasted rye with spicy brown mustard. Oh...my...goodness!! It was stacked high. They cure and season their own meat. It was tender, melt-in-your-mouth good, and the price was so reasonable, I bought another "To Go" and took it to a friend. They have great potato salad, cucumber and onion salad, and a host of homemade soups and desserts.

They're very friendly; the place is super clean; and even when they get busy, they're fast. This is my new "honey hole" when at home. It's worth getting off the highway if your traveling Interstate 86. Take the Miracle Mile from Horseheads towards Elmira. Route 14 or Westinghouse Drive will turn into College Avenue and McClure's is on the right in Elmira Heights. Like Nike, "Just Do It!"

1  Thank Dr. Bob D
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Friends and I went there for lunch on one days and enjoyed their delicious soups and salads. The spinach salad was great and the ham and bean soup was out of this world

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

The food was good, but a little pricey. The staff was courteous and friendly. The menu has many choices. There is limited seating. I would eat here again.