“Best Hot Dogs in the USA”
Review of M & M Red Hots

M & M Red Hots
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Elmira
Reviewed 27 July 2017

If you haven't been here, it a 'MUST GO TO'. They have the BEST hot dogs of anyone, anywhere. Well worth the time.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Was so excited to be back and having lunch at M & M the food was good but the guy that waited on us had our order wrong and it was a matter of making one more and when I said we were supposed to have 2 he rolled his eyes at me and shrugged his shoulders. I told him if he wanted to act like a child he could keep the rest of the order and also don't to your eyes again at me. I know it was very difficult for him to turn around and say 1 more please. Not happy for the first time back. Will be taking my business to Central

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The sauce is just perfect......very meaty and flavorful...they are small, so getting three is a must...they go,down easy!

Seriously, I've had hot dogs all over the country....and world for that matter....these are solidly in my top five of all time.....outstanding!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

In town for seminar, read reviews, personally worked in a chili dog place in high school so I feel qualified to truly rate a place.

The basis of a good Texas Hot starts with the dog and ends with the meat topping. My history lesson came from a classic Greek owner who cooked his own beef topping that was simmered all day and had a an outstanding flavor. Flavor is always key!

Not at M&M will you find these two items. The dogs were small and mushy- making me think they were a cheaper dog lacking a solid meat feel. The topping was ground down beef with no flavor at all and at $3.45 each I was not impressed.

This is a nice looking place that the server said had just been reopened which made me curious about the high star ratings. Yet, I admit there were a good amount of customers there and so maybe they prefer this find if fare.

Also, this is a cash only operation and no chick is presented so you take it in good faith when your told the bill is $20.63.

2  Thank Hereandthere913
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Basics are hot dogs with mustard, onions & meat sauce. You can't go wrong, even if you get 2 to travel!