“Eat breakfast only.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Elmira
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I've eaten there 3 times this week for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Breakfast was decent...fries eggs, ham & toast.
Lunch-Unfortunately, the food has no taste. The 'Big Burger' wasn't even good...how do you mess up a Berger? The signature apple dumpling with caramel was just OK. The caramel was thin, not warm & there wasn't enough to even taste.
Dinner-fried fish was good, but the coleslaw had absolutely zero flavor & the Mac-n-cheese was bland.
The food quality is really lacking.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Have not been to Lights Bakery in a number of years since moving to a different state, but when we are in New York State we always drive to Elmira for cookies, cakes, breads, brownies, and to sit down in the diner portion of the bakery for a cup of coffee and a goodie. Everything is home made and so delicious.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

This used to be a great place to grab a cake, cookies or half moons but that it not the case anymore. The quality has gone down. I used to have to go there when we went to see my husbands family but that is no longer the case. Cookies are stale and sometimes hard. The jelly in the donuts is gritty.

1  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I have fond memories of half moons from this bakery and my visit today didn't disappoint in that respect. Moist and very chocolate. YUM. Unfortunately I also had breakfast. The coffee was fine but the western omelet was tasteless. Even the rye toast was under flavored. The waitstaff was pleasant and welcoming. My recommendation is to stick with coffee and don't miss the half-moon cookies.

1  Thank Chris14223
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Lights has been around and a fixture in Elmira for a long time. There's a definite sense of community. It's a bakery and a diner/cafe. They have an extensive menu but I always think about Lights for breakfast. I recently had Lights homemade Texas Cinnamon French Toast. It was amazing! I also love their rice pudding. You can order off the menu, choose from the daily specials, or just describe what you're craving. The guys in the kitchen will make it up and it'll be good. But beware! Going to Lights is dangerous if you're on a diet or happen to be gluten free. Their bakery is awesome!

1  Thank Dr. Bob D