“Wonderful fish fry on Fridays and big portions !”
Review of The Shingle

The Shingle
Ranked #29 of 110 Restaurants in Elmira
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 January 2017

one of the best Fish Frys around.. The Shingle is a very small place but the food is wonderful.... Fish portion was huge... came with bread, coleslaw, macaroni salad.... I ended up bringing half of the meal home with me... would go there again and again.. they also had different clam chowders..... will have to try them... fast service.. We got our food very fast and it was quite hot when we got it...

2  Thank Deborah E

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I went there for the first time after many recommendations. Picked up two dinners to go. Fried shrimp and fried scallops. Very quick service and it appears to be very popular because all of the tables were filled. Note: No credit cards and not handicap accessible. My wife would not have been able to get in the building.

Excellent dinners. Both the scallops and shrimp were warm and tasty. The macaroni salad was great. Hot baked potatoes with plenty of sour cream and butter. Home made bread. Very good price.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I go to The Shingle for the fish fry - it is delicious! Batter is perfectly crispy and fish is tasty. Comes with macaroni salad, fries, slaw, and bread - more food than I could eat. Also, be sure to get some apple pie. BEST PIE I HAVE EVER HAD. It is homemade. If you are close to The Shingle on a Friday, be sure to go (only open on Fridays.)

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

My family has been eating at The Shingle for over 40 years. We usually go for the Friday Fish Fry but also stop by for lunch. While they have good bar food, both the fried and baked fish dinner are excellent. The pies are homemade and VERY yummy! The interior has real antiques on the walls - not made up displays like the chains. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Keukahotel
Reviewed 20 November 2015

My friend and I recently went there. I had not been there for about 10 years. It was a great atmosphere. Everyone Very Nice. The Fish Fry Was Great. I would go again

1  Thank Vacation712