“Terribly overpriced, mediocre, and pathetic.”
Review of Manzari's Grill

Manzari's Grill
Ranked #45 of 110 Restaurants in Elmira
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Spaghetti was undercooked, the sauce was bland and uninspiring, and the meatballs were just plain crap. Served with two pieces of wonderbread, two squares of butter, and a meager amount of parmesan cheese. Being Italian, and having had plenty of things to compare it too, I found this meal to be PATHETIC! And $8!!! Best Italian food in town I heard.....maybe so, but definitely not even close to being best of anything but "best avoid." I'm not one to complain, but it was a waste of money, time, and hope.

1  Thank Edwinn M

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

No where was open so we stopped and asked a guy on the side of the road. We followed him to Manzari's. All locals - very friendly fun group. The place has been here since the 30's with the same menu spaghetti and sauce or with meatballs. And it is excellent. They also have a full bar.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This was a late lunch on Easter for 9 people and we were seated in booths. We had spaghetti and meatballs, and everyone enjoyed it. We got pitchers of soda and water. Friendly service, relatively quick with serving the food. Clean bathrooms. This was not my first time eating here but it is my first review for here.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

This review is as much about the experience as the food. If you want variety and/or fancy, go elsewhere. The food is basically spaghetti and meatballs. No frills. But all from scratch and made with care and decades of practice.
The experience comes from a remarkable man named Vito who, I believe, owns the establishment. He is 86 years young with a mind of events, local knowledge, and people, that would be envied by people a fraction of his age. My wife moved from Elmira over four decades ago. Although he didn't know her family, in no time he recalled neighbors she grew up with and details of people she knew and worked with when in the late sixties and early seventies. His mind was phenomenal. He produced a fifty year old directory that had her mothers name and address.
I have to admit, watching my wife thrill to the recollections and memories was great fun for me. Vito is there on Thursdays and Thursdays is is now spaghetti night at Manzari's for us the duration of our stay and every time we return.

1  Thank mikegoin
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We visited Manzari's Grill for spaghetti supper Monday night. With six adults and five children, we were well served and everyone had the "white" or the "red" spaghetti plate. As usual, the food was delicious and the service fast and efficient.

1  Thank Shareb17