“Awesome Dinner ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I have lived in the area for 40 years and have yet to find a restaurant that has as good of quality as Lib's Supper Club. The food is consistently exceptional, and the bartenders and wait staff are absolutely commendable. If you aren't local I strongly recommend you try this family owned Italian Restaurant. I travel all over the world for my job and I'm hard pressed to find an establishment this good.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We have eaten at Lib's so many times- Every time we go they are consistent, no guessing game-very good. Food comes in HUGE HUGE portions- I recommend splitting a meal, especially if you are traveling. Classic dishes will not let you down. Take notice ... LOTS OF GARLIC!! Pretty much everything about this place is great, except one thing in my opinion- it is way too dark for me- no windows and the lights are so low. Some people like it- personally I like to see a little bit better during a dinner or engagement.

1  Thank Danyell B
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The best restaurant in Elmira!! Steaks and seafood dinners are excellent!! The filet mignon is to die for, tender, melt in your mouth! The staff is courteous and most have been working at Libs for an extended period of time.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is in an old building that you wouldn't think would be much of anything. But Oh my word! The food was so delicious! We were there one other time five years ago to check the place out for our wedding reception. I remember the food was just as good then.

I ordered the chicken scampi with a side of penne pasta and my husband ordered the shrimp fra diablo over linguine. Both were very good. My husband remarked that each dish was enough for three meals. I would have to agree. Yum! Leftovers!

The chicken scampi was two large pieces of deep fried chicken cutlets covered in the scampi sauce. If you love garlic, you will love it. The shrimp fra diablo had 6 or 7 pieces of deep fried shrimp. It would take three bites to eat each one. The shrimp was served in a spicy marina sauce over linguini. My husband let me try it and it was quite tasty and had a little zip to it.
Both meals came with a side, a salad and bread and butter. I chose penne pasta with marinara sauce. The marinara sauce was delicious. My husband got a baked potato that was piping hot when it came out.

As far as service is concerned, we were greeted at the front within a couple of minutes and taken to a table. Our server greeted us and took our drink order, back in minutes to ask about an appetizer and then shortly thereafter to take our entree order. She was very pleasant. Everything we ordered came out in a timely manner and nice and hot.

The two things we didn't care for-
First, my husband's ranch dressing on his salad was very sweet and didn't really taste like ranch.
Second, the place is very dark. It is the reason we didn't have our reception there. It's like romantic lighting on steroids. It's hard to even read the menu.
The prices were reasonable for all the food you got. If you don't want to deal with left overs then don't go here. You will be wasting a lot of food if you don't want to take it home.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Was in town for a wedding and we all met at Libs for dinner. I was skeptical because I judged it on store front appearance but was impressed by the quality and amount of food. Service and good were both excellent.