“No. Never again.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Daily Grind Coffeehouse
Reviewed 24 January 2017

January 15, 2017, 1:15PM: I was passing through Ellicottville (I do so about once a year) so I thought I would stop for a coffee at Coffee Culture .... and found a new, small, independent shop had replaced it. I pulled in to find the parking was horrendous but that is only an aside. Upon going in, I went to the "Order Here" station .... and waited. And waited. And waited some more. There were two folk behind the counter, filling the orders on three slips that were lined up on their station. These three slips were taking all of their concentration to the point that anyone entering their café was INVISIBLE. While I was waiting, I noted that the cleanliness was not up to par, the atmosphere was definitely not welcoming, and in general, the café was definitely lacking in appeal. Including the rest room which was without necessary supplies and had inadequate sanitation. I left and will not stop here again.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We came in for the day, January 2, to do some window-shopping and enjoy the scenery. First stop was food. The other places in town were too busy, and too expensive, until we found this place.

There was a short line-up, which gave us a chance to review the menu (small, but very good variety). I ordered hot chocolate and was pleasantly stunned to see they offered soy and almond milk up front (I'm allergic to dairy). They had 4 people, including the owner working, so the service was decent. We were 3, so ordered sandwiches and drinks.

The drinks came quickly and were quite good. One of the sandwiches arrived. The other food was apparently forgotten, until my prompting. The owner was responsible. He came over and offered a sincere apology, got the sandwiches done quickly and gave us an additional drink to make up for the delay.

The food may have been delayed (we weren't in any hurry thankfully), but boy was it worth the wait!!! The Club was amazing!! My wife had the Inun (?) which was vegan and also quite good. The food was excellent. I found the hot chocolate excellent, as was the Rocky Road Brownie.

Stop in for lunch. Enjoy the food and chill out! This is a place for relaxing and enjoying. Don't be in a rush. It's not Tim Horton's, nor Starbucks, but if you take the time to enjoy the environment...it's better!

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Lots of seats, friendly enough staff but the coffee wasn't anything special. We're thinking of buying a desert but nothing looked that appealing to my wife. I just wanted a cookie but none were available. If you wanted a place to sit outside, they had a fire pit that would be great to sit around in the winter.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

On a cold and blustery day, ee popped in for a dark roast coffee (good), and a lavender green tea (also good). They also serve bakery and sandwiches, but we didn't eat there. Service was friendly, but they seemed to get a little tripped up by the four in front of us who ordered food. Cozy environment.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

My wife and I stopped in, around lunchtime, during a fall visit to beautiful Ellicottville. Our service was very quick, our food was abundant and delicious, and we sat outside at one of their clean tables, taking in the sunshine and scenery. Our server was very pleasant and the experience was thoroughly enjoyable. We recommend this coffeehouse will definitely go back again (a caveat....our visit was days before the weekend Fall Festival so it wasn't very busy at the time).