“Awful all the way around ”

Justin's Tuscan Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I sat at the bar to have dinner & watch the basketball ball game while I ate. I was ignored for almost 7 minutes before I was even acknowledged. There was a bartender @ it looked like a manager was helping. The bar was busy but not full. A man sat 2 seats away from me. He was acknowledged immediately, given his drink & then told the bartender to change the channel which she did without asking me. I ordered dinner, fish Parmesan, and after 35 minutes, it was served. I inquired several times to the bartender, she said she checked & didn’t know what the hold up was. During this wait, I ordered a glass of wine. I got less than 1/2 of a normal serving as the bartender shoved it in front of me and walked away to take care of a customer. During my wait, several people sat down, had dinner & left.
When I did get my dinner it was dry, overlooked & awful. The vegetables weren’t cooked . It obviously had sat under the heat lights for quite awhile. I ate what I could, but told the bartender how bad it was. “Sorry “, with a shrug, and handed me the bill with nothing taken off.
This place is a horror show. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We should have heeded the reviews, but my husband said it had been wonderful several years ago. Well, things can change. We made reservations & checked in with the hostess who said she'd be right with us. There were many empty tables. She went on to help those who came in after us saying, "Oh." She forgot us in two minutes. The waiter forgot our appetizer. My fish was raw in the middle and lacked the sauce the menu said it would have. Maybe that cost extra like many of the other sauces? I don't know what has happened over the years but we won't be back.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Had dinner there last night for mom's birthday. Dinner was awful. Not impressed at all! Prices too high for the quality of food served. Steak was ordered medium and served cold, rare and fatty. Sent back, received a new steak and came out rare again! Ordered the calamari appetizer for 5 people , the portion was so small that it should should have been served on a dessert plate! Will never go back again! Not sure what happened to this place. It used to be good. When we left, the 5 of us all declared we will never go back again! Don't waste your money!! There are a lot of better places to eat in Syracuse! The only positive thing I can say was that our waitress was awesome!!!

1  Thank Zoeco5208
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The steak and chicken were very good. However, I went to the bar to get a drink and had to deal with two completely overwhelmed bartenders. It was Saturday night and the bar had a decent but not full crowd. The bartenders looked flustered and snapped at customers. That looks bad on the restaurant. It may be time for a new line of work.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

A very long wait for cold bread, and salad with no dressing. We did not know the area but there was only one other party in the restaurant which is not a good sign. The food was slightly better than the service, but I would not go back.

John C, Manager at Justin's Tuscan Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

jsvereillfarm,
I apologize for your bad experience at Justin's. Thank you for your review and your time. We strive to give great food and service to every guest. We are always trying to improve the guest experience. If you would call me at the restaurant or email me(johndcolucci@gmail.com) to discuss the experience you had it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.