“It Was So Quiet, I Thought It Was Closed!!”
Review of Jade Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jade Palace
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I came here one night with my son and we almost didn't go in because it was so quiet that we thought it was closed. Well, it was open but, we were the only people in the restaurant at 7pm on a Saturday night! The food was OK (nothing special) but, it did not have the best ambiance!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I've lived here for 20 years and every five years or so I try Jade Palace. It's been here longer than I and I'm trying to figure out why. I know the regulars love the place and the owners but the food is mediocre at best and not better than any of the local take out places which are less expensive. Notwithstanding my good faith attempts at redemption, it never fails to be a lousy meal.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Under the previous owners this place was the best place around for chinese food. They unfortunately sold it and the new owners completely ripped out the homey decor and it is very cold feeling inside and dark. The food is horrible but someone must like it because they are still in business.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

The Northport-East Northport area is a wasteland as far as good Chinese food is concerned, and Jade Palace is no exception. This place USED to be good many years ago. Went way downhill when the new owners took over. The inside is a dreary, depressing-looking place. The woman who answers the phone to take orders is rude and abrupt. The food is terrible to so-so. The wonton soup is simply broth with doughy wontons that have MAYBE an eighth of a teaspoon of pork in them. Nothing else. No greens, no nothing. When you pick up your order, you have to remember to ask for mustard packets - they are not included in that little condiment package. What is that all about? They are rude when you pick up the food. That's it, Jade Palace. We've given you enough chances. We're done. You obviously do not care about your customers.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We came for an early Sunday dinner and the sun was still shining, revealing the dirtiness of the dining room. Despite this we trudged on with hope, only to be served monochromatic limp Pad Thai (requested to be sweet, and was hot, a scallion or two for the sole veggie in what should be a pretty dish) and a plate of General Tso's Tofu, which had, well, tofu. Period. No vegetables at all. Not great, not even good. The dead fly on the window sill kind of added to the overall feeling of despair, and the indigestion lasted into the next day.
Skip it.