“Great fresh food”

Add it.
PO Lee Chinese Kitchen
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 November 2014

A real nice surprise to finally find a really good take out restaurant in the east northport area!
Fresh chow mien, very tasty sweet and sour chicken!, and the lo mien was very tasty!

1  Thank Pmazco

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My favorite chinese take out. Do not recommend eating in there. Too bad thay cant freshen up their eat in area.
They make fabulous steamed chicken with chinese vegetables with spicy garlic sauce on the side for those on a diet. Regular chinese fare is consistently tasty. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

So happy to finally find Chinese delivery! After 4 yrs of living in the Commack area we no longer have to pick up, prices were great we had 2 dinners and several appetizers for under $30. Food quality was great, I would get Po Lee again.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Local Chinese take out. Nothing fancy, ok prices, would not choose to eat there. Delivery available.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We've been going to Po Lee (at its current and a previous nearby location) for well over 10 years. It is MAINLY a take out place, just a few tables out front. Their prices are really good, and the food generally is too. There is SOME inconsistency, perhaps depending on who is doing what on which day. For instance, on some days the regular egg rolls are great, sometimes less so. But good enough often enough that I'd never consider not getting them.

We recently tried what I guess are considered spring rolls; 2 small rolls that were absolutely amazing, the best I've ever had. My wife, who can be very picky, agreed even when ours, the 2nd time, were slightly 'burnt' on one side. Now a must on every visit.

We typically pick 'traditional' Chinese American type dishes there. We're not very adventurous. We get chow mein, moo goo gai pan, nearly always delicious. We very much enjoy fried rice there - me beef, my wife chicken, and we ask for them to add egg (seldom found anymore in any place). But lately, my favorite items have been noodles; mei fun and chow fun, which again are typically better then any other place we go to.

Another fav; sweet and sour chicken. My wife likes the sauce, I love to nibble on the chicken - still hot and crispy, or even out of the refrigerator.

We do try other dishes, and so should you. One thing; for seafood, stick to what they sell a lot of, avoid what they don't - good advice anywhere. I don't think they carry scallops any more, shrimp should be fine but ask if they are fresh. They have a great 'lobster' sauce - by itself, or with shrimp.

Don't forget to take advantage of the free things - and ASK to find out what you get with how much you ordered. For instance, you may be getting a free wonton soup, so you may not need to order one. One note - the broth is nice, the wontons are 'heavy' but taste very nice. If you get a free fried rice, you may not have to take the 'stock' port fried rice.

I like the boneless ribs; my wife says they are tough (not when I eat them, though, for some reason). We like the regular ribs, but sometimes they don't have enough sauce - do ask for more if you like that!

You can call in an order, and they do free delivery, but they can get really busy. You may get faster service (and have a chance to double check the order) if you at least come in to pick it up. The staff is nice, mostly speaking English nicely, and they tend to remember their regular customers quite well.

This place isn't fancy; it just has good comfort food Chinese American style!

I can't be sure of the accuracy of this menu but it should give you a good idea of what they have;

1  Thank Ron T