The Blue Inn At North Fork(East Marion)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$274
US$434
Cliffside Resort Condominiums(Greenport)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$551
US$455
US$483
US$463
The Pridwin Hotel(Shelter Island)
US$418
US$351
Priceline
Baron's Cove(Sag Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$990
US$634
Groupon.com
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnorth forkellierickweekendwineries
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My husband and I are from the area and have not been back in almost 10 years. We were looking for a quick one night get away and the Coffey House was our PERFECT destination! They were able to give us only a one night stay... a rare find in the summer out east. The house was amazing. Ellie decorated it with style and comfort. The living room with the fireplace was so inviting to sit and talk. The basement was a great recreation room with an inviting couch to watch TV or a nice pool table. They stocked the kitchen with great beer, water, soda and coffee. Our room was romantic with a very comfortable bed. After a long day at the wineries it was nice to come back and find freshly baked cookies out for a treat! Breakfast the next morning was amazing. We sat out on the beautiful deck and enjoyed an amazing 3 course breakfast prepared by Rick and Ellie. I wish we had more time there.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

It is beautifully done and comfortable. Even though it is on a main road, there wasn't any noise issues. Owners were absolutely sweet - the multi course breakfast was a wonderful surprise! Such a great experience! Fun billiard table in recreation room - lovely sitting area to discuss your NOFO adventures.

Room Tip: We loved Room #4 - large, relaxing sitting area and bathroom.
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This was our first Bed and Breakfast, and it did not disappoint!

The Hosts:
If there is an ideal host, Ellie and Rick would certainly be they. Warm, kind, knowledgeable about the area, welcoming - I really can't see how one could do better. We only stayed for one night so we didn't get to talk too much, but these are two people I would have enjoyed getting to know better. This was a pleasant surprise, as I was expecting the usual distance of a more formal business relationship. And for those wishing to keep to themselves, you should have no problem; Ellie and Rick struck me as the unassuming type. But you would be missing out on two delightful individuals.

The House:
The property itself is wonderful. The house is a beautifully restored 19th century colonial on a 2 acre lot. We stayed in the bedroom downstairs, but I did get to see the upstairs suite before we left (which I will try to book if I ever go back to the North Fork!) The suite had a large, beautiful bathroom complete with large tub and shower, while the room itself had a gas fireplace and if I recall correctly, its own balcony.

The basement (which is more like a family/entertainment room) has couches, a flat screen TV, a large DVD collection, pool table, beverage-stocked fridge (including some interesting craft beers), ect. Would have been perfect for a rainy/snowy day or evening.

The house has fine and tasteful architectural details, a classy interior design, and was immaculate.

From the spacious rear deck, you will notice a gazebo standing out in the middle of a large and well-groomed backyard. If you are from an area with light pollution, do yourself a favor and walk to the gazebo on a clear night. On a moonless night, the Milky Way arms are clearly visible to the naked eye, along with a dazzling array of stars. I wanted to mention this because I looked for several places to go stargazing, and I found the backyard here to be especially dark and free of artificial light.

The Breakfast:
The breakfast was excellent - a three-course meal of some fine and delicious home-cooking. Ellie even boxed up extra homemade orange-cranberry bread for us to take on our drive home, which I thought was very sweet.

The Area:
I'll just say that I enjoyed the North Fork immensely. Much quieter and more intimate than the South Fork. Oh, and there's wine. Lots and lots of wine :)

The Conclusion:
The next time I visit the North Fork, I'm staying at The Coffey House. What more do you need to know? If they have an opening, don't even bother looking for something better - you won't find it.

P.S. I received a call from Ellie later that week - apparently I forgot a towel. She offered to ship it back to me which I thought was very thoughtful.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

I had never been to Eastern Long Island New York. It was dreamy! The Coffey House Bed & Breakfast was the perfect place to experience the vineyards and beaches that Eastern Long Island has to offer. The Coffey house is only 7 miles from the New London/Orient Point ferry. The accommodations were wonderful-roomy, private bath, a living room and a downstairs recreation room with a pool table. Lovely outdoor deck and a gazebo on the property. Our host was over the moon helpful with suggestions on activities. AND she is a fantastic cook. The breakfast was out of this world wonderful. Highly recommend a stay at the Coffey House Bed & Breakfast!

Room Tip: There is a suite available upon request
Reviewed 28 February 2016

The pictures do not do this beautiful home justice. And the home owners ,Ellie and Rick were so sweet and welcoming and made the most delicious breakfast and baked goods. I highly recommend staying in this gorgeous place!

Room Tip: The suite with the gas fireplace and soaker tub well worth the extra money for sure!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple