“Was it worth it”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This friendlys is always slow so I try to avoid it even with the deals they have. Well they sent me a coupon for buy one entree get one free so I couldn't resist trying to go there again. Big mistake, don't go no matter how good your coupon is. We were seated right away and got our water pretty fast but then we had to wait 48 minutes for our food to come. While waiting we noticed other people annoyed at the wait time. One couple just got up and walked out. It was then that I remembered why I don't go there anymore. My husbands food was hot, but my hot sandwich was cold and the cheese was completely burned. The fries were so cold I couldn't eat them. After waiting an hour I was not going to send them back. We only saw our waitress once after bringing the food and that was to bring the check. Now I will never go there again even if they give it to me for free.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Upon arrival nobody to great us, no sign saying please wait to be seated. A couple servers did pass and say someone would be right with us. This never happened we sat anyway. Just needed to feed grandson after day camp. Server was nice enough didn't mind we had sat ourselves, although I did hear another server say something. I asked if a manager was in building, never saw one in the past I have seen her cleaning tables seating people etc. It seemed as tho a skeleton staff was on hand. I saw many people come in smiling and before long frowning. The fountain kid was alone, I think cook was alone. I always love bringing kids to friendly's when they were young and now grand children and very sad so many have closed, I'm afraid East Greenbush will soon follow.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We always get great service here. Sometimes the wait for the food is long, but it always arrives hot and prepared correctly. Nothing fancy here, but they do very well for what they are. The fribbles are my wife's favorite, and not without good reason.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Horribly understaffed today. We like to stop on road trips along I-90 as it's "off the beaten path" but not too far out of the way. Today they had one waitress for the entire place, struggling to keep up with customers. One party after us was seated but left after waiting 10+ minutes without even getting asked for drink orders. Another party seated themselves after waiting several minutes up front, and when the manager finally made an appearance on the floor, we overheard her surprise when she asked how they were doing, only to learn they hadn't received any attention yet. But then a few minutes later I could see the Mgr in the kitchen texting, not really showing much interest or urgency in helping the lone waitress. Two of us ordered meals that came with ice cream but it was taking so long for everything and we felt so bad for the overworked waitress that we just asked for our check before ice cream was even ordered. Plus they had these 5 or 6 of these weird standalone heating units around the dining room (photo), must have been a problem with HVAC. Looked like that scene from ET. They really should have had at least one more waitress and one more cook on duty.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Went today with a 5 year old who only eats chicken nuggets/fingers. This place is worse then I remember. I have not been here in years and now I remember why. The restaurant is gross, outdated with an overworked staff. My little buddy got his chicken fingers and fries and loved them. I could only stomach a 1/2 a hamburger and fries. Please don't waste your money here, it sucks.