All reviews water park heated pool zoom flume evening activities ping pong country pate paddle boating young kids big screen breakfast and dinner dvd player upstate ny pool table food was great all ages henna tattoos magic show
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I came here with my kids and it was amazing! With the room you get Zoom Flume water park, breakfast, dinner and all the hotel activities and amenities. The food was great. The water park was great - not a chintzy water park but a real one with tons of rides and a lazy river and a wave pool. Every day the hotel has activities. One night it was a magic show, another a dance party with a dance instructor, another night it was musical chairs and other games. The evening activity was followed by a movie on the big outdoor screen. It was great because the kids were happy and entertained and I didn’t have to plan it! I could participate if I wanted to or just watch. During the day we were usually at the water park but the one afternoon we weren’t the staff did a paddle boating fishing adventure with the kids which they loved. Again - I could participate as much or as little as I wanted. If I wanted to hang out and relax with my kids it was easy to do. There was suffle board, ping pong, bocce, a heated pool, a pool table, video games, playgrounds, basketball, soccer, badminton volleyball and way more we didn’t even get to. My kids are young so we shared a room. It was spacious with a fridge and a DVD player so that we could easily hang out in the room and relax if we wanted to. On the porch we had our own table and chairs to enjoy the view. The area is beautiful and has a lot going on but frankly we had such a great time at this resort that we barely even left the grounds. We will be back soon for sure.

Room tip: Call the hotel to discuss what kind of room suits you. They have a variety.
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank maxhenry1216
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I am a single mom of 3 young kids and vacations are both wonderful and difficult. The Country Place was great for us. Breakfast and dinner were included - so there went the daily meal drama. The water park was included. So every day the kids had a wonderful, special activity. When we were a bit waterlogged the hotel offered tons of activities with youths to help the kids do the activities. The activities included basketball, paddle boating on a great pond, fishing in a stocked pond (the kids got tons of fish and fished for hours with the great youth who works here), football, soccer, painting, henna tattoos, magic shows, bonfires, children’s theater productions, ping pong, shuffleboard, bocce, a great playground and baseball. Every evening was a special event that was a delight and an outdoor big screen movie. There were a lot of great bonfires too. There was a heated pool for the kids and Mom to enjoy too. We had come here intending to explore the beauty of upstate NY. We only left the resort once in a week to go to a great old time drive-in movie. Other than that we never left because we were having too much fun. The rooms are better than what one would expect from a family, activity oriented resort. They all have DVD players, fridges and room to work. They all have porches. They are clean, comfortable and spacious but not fancy. Our trip was great and even relaxing for Mom because my kids were having such a great, enriching time.

Room tip: They are all good with porches, fridges, DVD players and room enough to work.
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Corina G
Reviewed 1 August 2018

came here with my family and it was amazing! We met an old friend here and didn't expect much. We got a wonderful adventure filled time. We went to the great water park nearly every day. We painted cool masks. We got henna tattoos. We had huge bonfires at night on the lawn. I played shuffleboard and bocce for the first time. I caught 6 fish! I swam in the heated pool. During the activities and meals we met other guests who were super nice. We ended up hanging out with them too. The people who worked here were super nice too. We spent a lot of time with some of the young people who worked here. They did activities with us, fished with us and went to the water park with us. We had so much fun we barely made it off resort but we did finally make it to a great local drive-in movie. That was great too. I can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Rooms are severely outdated, bugs in room, rust on sink, mirror hadn't been cleaned in awhile. No hand soap, hand towels, had to ask for that only for housekeeping to leave our room unlocked and open!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank becwatch
Reviewed 22 July 2017

As others mentioned management is very nice. However, you do not get the resort feel you expect. Upon entering the room you get the smell of a stale musty aroma. There are no phones in the room to call the front office. You have to walk to the office for assistance.The website boast of 2 tv's in the room when actually you get 1 tv by a small sofa which has cable television. The tv on the wall facing the beds can only be used for gaming consoles.There is no cable television on both tv's. My bathtub was clogged making it impossible for my son & husband to shower. There are no mirrors or pictures on the walls in the bathroom. Just a toilet and shower which is so unattractive.The small toiletries were old and stale and the small soap crumbled when opened. Bring your own soap, body wash, wash cloths & towels. Bring your own bed sheets! I found a brown bug in my bed and on the rug. I took the sheets off the bed to inspect. The mattress had a big dried urine stain! The last straw for me was when my family & I went to Zoom Flume upon our return to the room we noticed housekeeping entered the room to clean but left my room door opened! When I went to check out you would expect management to say thank you for your patronage. Thank you for coming. How was your stay? Management said nothing except we will email your receipt! Unacceptable! I was so happy to leave this resort. Mgmt must do better!

Room tip: Lake Room has best view
Date of stay: July 2017