Hampton Inn East Aurora(East Aurora)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$175
Hampton.com
Roycroft Inn(East Aurora)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$162
Orchard Park Inn(Orchard Park)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$91
EconoLodge
US$140
US$126
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I stayed here in June 2010 for a wedding. It was a good value compared to other options in East Aurora.

The common rooms at the B&B are a bit dated but the bedroom was quite quaint and it was clear there was pride of ownership. The owners' granddaughter was around during our stay and was very respectful. Ample parking. I would bring your own toilettries - their options are adequate but nothing special.

There is a private bathroom and other nice touches, such as a pitcher of cold water available at all times.

Breakfast is excellent. They make eggs to order and have a variety of other choices.

Don't come here to watch tv - there isn't one in the room.

Things run a little slower here - they only take check / cash and are an older couple. Still, I was very charmed. It was great to walk to restaurants and have a nice spot at night. I recommend as a good value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzy911
Reviewed 18 July 2009

As soon as we arrived from the airport, Ed made us feel very much at home. He even gave me toothpaste and hair spray when I told him they confiscated our's at the airport. I slept like a baby and woke up to a very nice breakfast. Scrambled eggs, ham and cheese the first morning (my choice) and eggs over the next morning with sausage (my husbands favorite). Everything tasted delicious from the fresh fruit to the homemade blueberry preserves. They offered alot of helpful and interesting information for the area. We were meeting a golf group at a hotel 12 miles away, so unfortunately we could only stay two days.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theburrs3
Reviewed 27 October 2006

I've been a guest at the Green Glen Inn several times and always felt richer for the experience. The house is a wonderful Victorian and is highly treasured as an East Aurora landmark. Just walk down the street to Vidler's 5 and Dime, where you will see the Green Glen embroidered into a blanket you can buy for $35.00.

Spend some time speaking with the owners, Ed and Martha Collins. They are wonderful hosts, perhaps the sweetest couple you could ever expect at a B & B. They make you feel welcome and glad to be there. Except for their private quarters, you have the run of the house.

The house has the feeling of being at "Grandma's", full of books, nick nacks and bric-a-brack gathered over a century. It is very relaxing and cozy. The rocking chairs on the porch in the summer are the best.

The unfortunate news is that the rooms deparately need to be updated. The beds, furniture, and furnishings are hopelessly out-of-date and would seem more appropriate in a Salvation Army thrift store. The sheets were clean, but the matresses were lumpy and the blankets were a little musty. The bathrooms need modern fixtures and larger mirrors. I recognized a Dixie cup dispenser from the 60s and a can of Bactine antiseptic spray from the 70s. The basket of used hotel shampoo and conditioner bottles was very unappealing. The towels were a little too rough.

Curiously, Ed will ask you to use the side door -- apparently because the nice big door in front is hard to open. This wouldn't be so bad, but navigating past the two sets of doors, up the stairs, and around the piles of books and magazines on the desk without bumping into the aquarium was difficult with three suitcases. I would like to see the big door fixed.

Also, it would have helped if something like a fruit basket, night gowns, a water pitcher, or fresh fluffy towels were ready in the room to help make us feel welcome when we came through the door. There is a classic upright player piano in the TV room, but Ed said it was broken. Wouldn't it have been marvelous to hear it?!

Fortunately, the breakfast was generous and the other guests were good company. Our dining experience was very genuine and back to basics: milk and cereal, scrambled eggs and ham, English muffins and jam, percolated coffee, and a big glass of orange juice. All this in a grand dining room with a beautiful view.

Martha and Ed love to please their guests. My wife mentioned that she had taught at St. John's University, so Martha gave her some ivy cuttings to remind her of St. Johns ivy covered walls! Although he is no longer up to it, on one of my previous stays, Ed took me on a walk through the woods because I wanted to visit a Roycroft campground.

I rate this B&B at 6 out of 10. If the rooms were more appealing, I would rate it higher. It is not appropriate for small children or pets. Also, you should call ahead.

But if you are coming to East Aurora, and the Roycroft Inn is booked, I would definately recommend that you experience it at least once. It is much better than staying at a motel.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Scott_G_Lloyd
Reviewed 14 January 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Green Glen during Christmas week for 9 days. It is in a great location so that you can walk within 5 minutes to the main village area. The owners, Martha and Ed, make us feel so very much at home, inviting you to read a book off their shelf, watch TV in the main room, or sit and read in their study. My husband, who works about 60 hours a week, said that he "learned" how to relax again while there. The homemade breakfasts were my favorite...every-thing from grapefruit to omelets to having Ed refill my coffee cup constantly.We will be staying there again when we return!

4  Thank Sunshinebump