“Fun”

Adirondack Saddle Tours
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Though we were inexperienced riders Dave guided our group of 3 on a one hour ride through the hills and woods on a very pleasant ride. My horse Bob was a "5", and they let me give him an extra carrot in thanks!

All reviews
"scenery"
"guide"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I had an hour trail ride on "Comet," with Dave as guide. The ride was beautiful through the trails which brought us into some of the most beautiful Adirondack scenery! The horse I rode was gentle and knew the trail well, so it was an easy and comfortable ride.
I even got to feed him carrots at the end of the ride! You couldn't ask for better staff, horses, or a day on the trail. Helmets are provided for riders.

1  Thank NYSeasonedTraveler
Reviewed 19 October 2015

My husband & I did this for our anniversary & we loved it! Such a beautiful ride. We signed up for the 2 hour ride months ahead, but about a month prior they asked if we'd be willing to do a 5 hour ride with others at no extra cost. Ummm, yea! Lol! For the first half they took it kind of easy. Then, after wading through the lake with the horses (which was AWESOME!), we got to stop to eat by the lake. After everyone was ready, we got back on for the other half of the ride. This time we got to trot, with an occasional sprint. I also got to run for a second, albeit unexpectedly, but it was fun! Our guide was very kind & was always asking to make sure we were good. We are definitely planning on going again next year!

1  Thank Shannon L
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Did the 3 hour ride and had a great time. Stopped at a small lake and rode through the water. Very peaceful and beautiful setting.

1  Thank Bob30247
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This was my second time doing a one hour trail ride with Adirondack Saddle Tours; first was two years ago. As someone who was thrown from a horse that resulted in a broken hip, it is a big deal for me to even get on one. At Adirondack Saddle Tours they really take into account the type of horse I need to make this an enjoyable experience. Two years ago I was placed on a Tennessee Walker who was just the most gentle ride, and this time with Cisco, it was just fantastic. My son (15) just loved riding Blue and of course now wants a horse of his own. The scenery is so peaceful. The best part about riding a horse is that you can't really think or do anything else but be in the moment. The staff and guide(s) are very helpful. We had booked the ride but four people who had never ridden before showed up without reservations. So although we showed up at 12:45 with cash as requested, we didn't get going until around 1:20. And advice to anyone riding a horse, come in jeans and closed shoes - dresses and flip flops, really!