Review Highlights
Really enjoyable ride to Moss Lake!

Really enjoyed my ride to Moss Lake - my guide was really nice - my horse Comet was a great partner... read more

Reviewed 2 July 2018
LMV3
BRIDGETON
Fun

Though we were inexperienced riders Dave guided our group of 3 on a one hour ride through the hills... read more

Reviewed 12 July 2017
KatrinaBiker58
Grinnell, Iowa
via mobile

All reviews hour ride horses moss woods trail comet scenery guide
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Did the 3 hour ride and had a great time. Stopped at a small lake and rode through the water. Very peaceful and beautiful setting.

1  Thank Bob30247
Reviewed 8 September 2015

This was my second time doing a one hour trail ride with Adirondack Saddle Tours; first was two years ago. As someone who was thrown from a horse that resulted in a broken hip, it is a big deal for me to even get on one. At Adirondack Saddle Tours they really take into account the type of horse I need to make this an enjoyable experience. Two years ago I was placed on a Tennessee Walker who was just the most gentle ride, and this time with Cisco, it was just fantastic. My son (15) just loved riding Blue and of course now wants a horse of his own. The scenery is so peaceful. The best part about riding a horse is that you can't really think or do anything else but be in the moment. The staff and guide(s) are very helpful. We had booked the ride but four people who had never ridden before showed up without reservations. So although we showed up at 12:45 with cash as requested, we didn't get going until around 1:20. And advice to anyone riding a horse, come in jeans and closed shoes - dresses and flip flops, really!

Reviewed 5 September 2015

Call ahead to make reservations. The staff is friendly and provide a quick overview of horseback riding. It is not necessary to have prior riding experience to enjoy the ride. We took the hour long tour ($40 each) which was a trip to a state preserve that is adjacent to the stable. As I was in the back I could not hear the guide but the ride was nice and the horses were very docile and clearly knew the route.

1  Thank uvarobin1
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Great experience. Low key approach with beautiful horses knowledgeable and friendly staff. We rode Smokey, Blue and Bob, but all of the horses were great on the trail. Call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We have been going here every year for the past 22 years and have always loved it. Thismyear was real rocky. We called to make reservations and told they had to check the schedule and would call by a certain time whichncame and went. We called back booked, showed up for our reservation, and we werent on the schedule and had to rebook again. This was successful and they did provide a discount with a longer ride but it was an early morning ride and i like to sleepin when on vacation because its the only time we dont have to set our alarm. They are great people and the horses are awesome. This was the first incident like this since we have been going and thats why i rated itmlike i did.