All reviews kitchen facilities hotel properties quick stop drive home night's rest worked great queen bed beds were comfortable new york free breakfast pantry syracuse funeral highway chain thruway
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We are staying at the Candlewood for an extended time for work. I am so happy we tried this place. It is conveniently located to many interstates. The place is beautiful inside and out. It was recently remodeled. The staff goes above and beyond for any of our needs. There are plenty of green spaces to walk the dogs. The rooms are fairly soundproof. We rarely hear our neighbors. The other people staying here are very friendly also. It is like our own little apartment in the city. We are very grateful we tried this place and I highly recommend it to other travelers.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Check in was awkward and super slow, our tv remote didn't work, told us they couldn't do anything for us so we don't have a TV to watch- all they needed to do was remove a screw and change the batteries but the lady at the desk made it seem like we were a major inconvenience to her life. Needless to say I'll never stay at a candle wood again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites East Syracuse - Carrier Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Dean L,

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are disheartened to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience due to the level of service you received from our staff. We also regret the issues you had with our TVs. This is not the kind of experience we wish our guests to have. Your comments have been shared with the management team for training purposes and corrective measures. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Best regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We were in Syracuse for one night on business and stay at Candlewood Suites East. Room Wes clean and the kitchen and fridge was well equipped. Bathroom is clean and the water pressure is great for shower. It was a great stay for a short trip. Recommend it!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by the customer service at the hotel. When we arrived, we immediately went up to our room. I was staying with my mother and had booked a room with a queen bed, but we instantly realized that the bed was going to be too small. I went to the front desk and asked if we could be upgraded to a room with a larger bed or two beds. I expected a solid no, but not only did LouAnn upgrade our room she did it quickly and free of charge. This was just the beginning of our wonderful stay. LouAnn brought us up extra sheets and blankets so we would be comfortable. Every member of the staff was extremely polite and welcoming. We ended up having a noise complaint on some neighbors and it was handled well. I loved our stay and would definitely recommend this location to anyone! The recently remodeled rooms are beautiful and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Much preferred our one bedroom suite over the initial booking of a room with a single queen bed
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jayme K
Reviewed 11 April 2017

A friend booked our room for an overnight stay (Saturday-Sunday). The hotel is conveniently located off Carrier Circle and very near the New York State Thruway. I was surprised at how quiet it was considering it's near a highway. We had a queen single on the third floor. The room had been recently remodeled and was very nice for the price. It was quite spacious and the newer kitchenette was adequately appointed. The quiet atmosphere was greatly appreciated. The evening desk clerk was very accommodating when I asked for an extra pillow. A few other "pluses" were the restaurant/events paper in the lobby and the "loaner" wall with various small appliances, games, etc. that guests could use in their rooms during their stay. The free washing machines in the laundry room were a nice feature too (expect to pay something to dry your clothes though). The only complaint I have is that I thought the day desk clerk staff could have been a little friendlier. They are after all the first representation of the hotel that the guests have. This is why I gave the hotel four stars over five. Please keep in mind that at the time of this review that the hotel is still undergoing some renovation work but there seems to be little to no inconvenience to the guests.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends