“A perfect fall getaway.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Croton on Hudson
Alexander Hamilton House
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I knew when we first pulled into the Hamilton House, with it's view of the Hudson river, it would be the best place to ask my girlfriend to marry me. This was my first bed n' breakfast experience, and I can tell you any future BnB's will be hard to match it's elegance.
To begin with, the rooms at the Hamilton House take you back to a time when things moved a little slower. We stayed in the Turret Room. A lovely room with a fantastic bed left us sleeping like babies.
The location of the House is ideal for the Fall. Leaves are changing color, falling from the trees. ATM's, restaurants, gas, and other basic needs are not far away at all. As far as the local attractions go, be prepared for an excellent Halloween experience. I highly recommend the Croton Dam and the Blaze. If you are there at anytime of the year, there are tons of Dutch, English and U.S. historic sights to enjoy.
My final comment about this house is about Tom, the innkeeper. I wish more people had his dedication to making his clients feel right at home. I never saw anything other than a smile on his face. He was always pleasant and cheerful. Plus, he makes these breakfasts that will absolutely blow your mind. Words like infused are common in his morning vocabulary.
Needless to say, we plan on visiting the Hamilton House again. You should as well,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I'm leery of b + bs but Alexander hamilton house has won me over.
It's comfortable---good mattresses-very important to me.

The owner, Tom has just the right combination of attentive service +
discretion. I do hope to come back.

Room Tip: The bridal suite was beautiful but overheated P.S. We didn't have any brides.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Top to bottom - beautiful home - loved the Rose Room! - excellent breakfast - perfect location AND gracious host!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here for a photography workshop in the area and had a great 4-night stay in the Turret room. There was plenty of space, it was comfortable and private. Tom, the owner, is super nice! You absolutely cannot miss his breakfasts! If you stay more then one night, every morning is a new fine dining breakfast experience - you'll know what I mean once you stay there. I highly recommend staying here if you are experiencing the Croton-On-Hudson area for what ever reason. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband surprised me with this nice romantic getaway in NY. Its a hundred year old victorian mansion that has many antiques and beautiful spacious rooms. We stayed in the Library room on the first floor and that has a big bedroom (comfy bed) with ensuite bath and a seperate living room with a sofa, tv and fireplace! There's a computer and telephone with free long distance for everyone to use. The best part is the scrumptious breakfast each morning made fresh! We had french toast, fruit, juices, omelettes, etc! There's also outdoor space with a pool and beautiful views. All in all a great deal!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
15.8 km away
Castle Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel & Spa
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Alexander Hamilton House? Share your experiences!