All reviews hash adirondack motel diner hairdryer adirondacks fi sheets ny
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I live close by so it is very convenient for me to stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Maria is a master in the kitchen and be sure to sample her pies and cinnamon rolls! Out of this world!!! Carl loves to entertain and the music takes me back to special times. Don't be in a hurry though as things can be a little slow but well worth the wait.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 29 December 2015

This is a typical small, one owner motel that provides the basic needs at a very reasonable price. Friendly owners, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Well worth a stay if you are in the area. And do not miss a meal at the snack bar. GREAT homemade food, cooked to order. Homemade bread for toast with your omelette is well worth a stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2015

This was our first visit after the new owners took over. I doubt we'll be back.

I emailed the motel to see if a particular room was available and was told yes and that, to make a reservation, I had to phone them. I twice gave them MY toll-free number to call me and they never did. I explained in both emails that I didn't have a long distance package to call out on but anyone in North America could call me at no charge.

We stayed twice before and liked a particular room so we wanted the same one. When we were told that it was available for our two night stay, we asked for it. No return phone calls and no return emails. On the day of our arrival I had to call just to ensure that a room was available. My cell service charges me $1.50 per minute for calls to the US (we're from Canada). The room that we wanted was no longer available so we took another.

The first night, my daughter found some bugs in her bed. Because it was late and no one seemed to be around, we cleaned the bed and she slept in it. She had no bites the next day.

The bed that my girlfriend and I slept in had a HUGE problem on one side. You sunk to the boxspring. There is no way that that mattress was suitable in any motel... especially considering how much we paid for the room.

We never heard from anyone about our stay. When I called to make sure that a room was available, I asked if the owner was around and was told yes. I told the lady who answered the phone that I wasn't happy about no return calls and was expecting a visit from him. When we went to the restaurant for breakfast, the staff knew who we were but the owner never came to see us.

For both nights, no one came to our room to see if we needed anything, attempted to do any cleaning, etc. During the second night, we used up the first roll of toilet paper but could find no one to get us another roll so we hoped that we'd last through the night. There were three of us, two females and a male.

After the restaurant closes down there is no way to contact anyone. The manager used to live in the mobile home at the back of the property but I wasn't sure who lived there now. If there had been some kind of emergency, I don't know what we would have done.

We decided that we would not be going back and will stay at the Lodge or in Wanakena on any future visits.

I've been visiting Cranberry Lake since the early 70's when we camped with my family. I've come back with my family for a number of years and only stayed at the motel last year because of a wicked storm while we camped. We were so grateful for the motel those nights and came back a month or so later for another short stay. This year was not the same.

Room Tip: Rooms one to four appear to have been renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2015

If you are looking for a Marriott, you won't find it here. What you will find is people that work hard to make your stay comfortable. The motel is easy check in and check out. The best part is the diner! Their grill is magic! Carl and Marie are "make you feel at home" hosts. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan_2011_Montreal
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

It is tough finding anywhere to stay in much of the Adirondacks lately but new owners have provided a comfortable, clean room , good food bkfast lunch and dinner, and friendly atmosphere. Locals hang out is always a good sign

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family