“Wonderful”

Julianna's American Bistro
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cortlandt Manor
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Service and food was outstanding
Drinks were great

NY
“what "gem"???”
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I was sooo disappointed! I had been reading reviews and waiting until we got a chance to go out (we have 2 little ones, so it"s not often these days). My husband and I are "foodies" i guess, have been for a long time but can't go into the city like we used to. We live up in Yorktown which is a basic wasteland when it comes to good food, unless you want pizza and italian all the time. Anyway, here's the basic rundown: Shrimp cocktail- over cooked rubbery shrimp with a bland tomato sauce. Crab cakes- stringy claw meat, greasy, on a bed of 4 wilted leaves of mesclun with no dressing. Scallops- gritty and bland, I didn't eat them they were so bad (after our waiter told me they were a favorite!). The bread was warmed but really stale, my husbands beer was warm, his seafood dish was overcooked and gritty also. I hate to be so negative, but I'm wondering what the positive reviewers were talking about? Are the reviews old and it has changed, or am I just hard to please? I liked it better when it was Gordo's- it was not gourmet by any stretch but didn't ry to be and fail. It was a prime rib joint, and you got what you paid for which is a lot more than I can say about Julianna's.

2 Thank NY10598
CortlandtMamaAgent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little locale in the middle of nowhere”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

On a Saturday night in the beginning of summer, there were still many tables empty at 8pm, but this place is so much better than that. This is truly a little gem in the woods. Menu is not big, but every choice has its own special flair. Specials sounded amazing. We wanted to sample everything! I ordered the crab cakes (yum!) and then for dinner the pork with blackened spices - really delicious. My dining partner had the sweet potato fries for an appetizer (fries and the cajun sauce that comes with it was to die for) and had the ribs with baked beans for dinner. Sounds like nothing special, but the bbq sauce and the baked beans were amazing. And both plates were filled, too.
Atmosphere is rustic and relaxed. The old house that it is in is circa 1850's.
The food was great, menu was amazing, service was fine, and prices are to be expected.
Finally, we have found a restaurant in the Peekskill/Cortlandt area that has great food and a great atmosphere, and where we will go back again and again.

1 Thank CortlandtMamaAgent
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“we tried this gem out, and loved it so much that we had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. the homemade ice creams are...”
Reviewed 17 May 2008

we tried this gem out, and loved it so much that we had our wedding rehearsal dinner there. the homemade ice creams are to die for! even my dad who doesn't like anything other than meat & potatoes was loving the thai style calamari. yum!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've had some great dishes, but then I've also had some bland one.”
Reviewed 7 April 2008

I've had some great dishes, but then I've also had some bland one.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook