All reviews front desk cookies complimentary breakfast meeting room nice hotel business trip new york off the highway fitness room yogurt eggs would stay here again comfortable beds sausage housekeeping staff minute drive excellent stay
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Noisy at night, room slamming and could hear people walking around very loudly in room above us. Room cost high due to Cornell family weekend. VERY high for the area, 40 min drive to Cornell. Long check in due to computer problem and room not being available as reserved. Front desk attendant apologetic friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kelly F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Dear J1518SLlindak,

I thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. Please know that we are truly very sorry for any inconveniences caused by our computer systems being down. It caused chaos at the hotel for many hours this past weekend. We are honored to be an alternative to the Ithaca hotels when they are sold out but are a little bit of a drive from there. I thank you for mentioning that our staff did the best that they could. I will certainly share your feedback with my team as I know how hard they worked and they will appreciate being recognized. I hope that if your travels bring you back this direction that you would choose our hotel and that we are able to offer you the kind of WOW experience that we normally expect for our guests. I thank you again and hope that you have a fantastic rest of the day!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This Hampton Inn exhibits a friendly, courteous, accommodating staff, cookies and coffee/tea upon arrival, the elevators close to the lobby, a rolling luggage cart available, and complimentary breakfast. Also, something different: A little note on the bed headboard stating that the sheets, pillowcases, and comforter were clean and fresh. The bathroom was large and the vanity the width of the room. There was a sitting area with couch and coffee table, desk and chairs, microwave and fridge. Everything clean and streamlined. I highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear James S,

I thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel and for sharing it with our future, potential guests. The best advertisement is word of mouth! We are honored that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to hosting many future stays for you at our hotel. I thank you for mentioning how clean and spacious your room was and that you enjoyed our "extras" like cookies and sticky notes! I thank you again and hope that you have a fantastic rest of the day!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Stayed only one night but no issues. Welcomed as silver HHonours members and room was comfortable and breakfast well presented. Room on the ground floor we anticipated to be noisy but it wasn't but not many at breakfast so perhaps a quite night?

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Kelly F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Philip1061,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and team! We are honored that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to recognize your HHonors status. We strive to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay while with us and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I am unsure which night you visited but most of them are pretty busy here so I am assuming you just missed the usual breakfast crowd during your visit. I thank you again and hope that you have a wonderful rest of the day!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

It's tough to get a hotel room in Ithaca, even with a few weeks' notice! Many of the hotels in Cortland were booked up too, but we were lucky enough to get a room at the Hampton Inn. (It was a Friday/Saturday night stay and Virginia Tech was playing @Syracuse, so maybe that's why?)

The bed was pretty comfortable, though the pillows were definitely lacking in size and support. The bathroom was good and the couch was not bad. The free morning breakfast was pretty good (lots of seating, and good coffee and juice, always helps!)

The hotel is conveniently located near a Dunkin Donuts/gas station, Taco Bell and Dennys, so at least there's something to eat, and many other options are a short drive away. Overall, given the short list of options, we were glad to be here, but we'll try to make reservations even earlier next time!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear jfranco77,

I thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are lucky to be an alternative when the Ithaca area is sold out. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and look forward to hosting future stays for you as needed. I'll certainly share with our team your feedback about our pillows and we'll certainly get those replaced. Was there anything else that we could have done differently that would have taken your stay from okay to WOW? Our goal is a 5 circle stay while you are with us and we'll do whatever it takes to ensure that happens. I look forward to hearing from you again. Thank you and have a fantastic rest of the day!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The hotel is close to the interstate but across the river so there is no highway noise. Staff was very friendly and the hotel was nice and clean. The only improvement area was the breakfast area - fruit was below average in both quantity and quality and we had to wait for the waffle batter to be refilled. Overall however, very nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Kelly F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Hokiechip,

I thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel and team! We strive to give our guests a clean and comfortable experience and feel honored when we succeed. We are lucky to be located in such a convenient location to the highway too! I appreciate your suggestions regarding breakfast and want you to know that we do use your feedback to improve our operations. I thank you again and hope that you have a fantastic rest of the day!