See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this place for one night. It was super clean, quiet, good water pressure, hot water, spacious, comfy bed, what else we needed for a good night sleep? The check-in person was very courteous. We paid about $70 including taxes. The surroundings were clean and well kept. We will stay again!

Stayed: April 2015
3  Thank Tochi4ever2000
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I wasn't looking for anything special, just a place to sleep. I was very clean and quiet. TV was older, but I wasn't there to watch tv. Owner was very helpful in helping me find places to eat etc. For the price you cant beat it, if you need all the bells and whistles I suggest you stay closer to town, but the price downtown is double than this hotel.

Room Tip: NO extras, no coffee, internet etc. this place is a quiet little motel with a low price.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Runsig
Reviewed 6 October 2014

if you are looking for a relatively low cost place to sleep, do not need internet access, do not plan to watch TV, are flexible with respect to the room temperature, do not need ice, and are not picky about the appearance of the building or the other guests, you will probably be ok with staying here. The room was clean (well, the toilet bowl was heavily stained with mineral stains but that does not effect its operation), the room was a good size, there were not glasses/cups in the room, the ice machine down the hall had an out of order sign on it, the bed was ok (on the soft side), shower had adequate pressure and plenty of hot water (I suggest bringing your own soap and shampoo for sure), the towels were good, the TV was an old tube set and was a bit fuzzy, when we asked at check in if they had wifi the reply was maybe (that was very accurate--when we first tried to sign in it was not working so we had to call to have it reset then it worked so slow it was not usable at all, but in the morning, it was slow but good enough to post this review) and the air conditioner did not work (the motel representative first suggested a different setting which did not get it to work, then said why do we need air conditioning this time of the year, then suggested it was because the room was cold already which it was not, and finally suggested we set it on fan to blow in the air from the outside which fortunately was cooler than the air inside.) The motel representative was pleasant and gave us directions to where we are going today (we will see if they are good later on once we leave.) If you do decide to stay here, be sure to ask for directions on how to get to it since it might not show up on your gps.

Room Tip: bring your own soap, shampoo, cups/glasses
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NJTraveler856
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This motel was exactly what we were looking for, and couldn't have met our needs better: a clean, spacious, comfortable, and inexpensive room to lay our heads down and sleep; a clean bathroom; and a hot shower with great water pressure. We didn't need or want the resort amenities or wireless internet that the motel doesn't provide. It was the perfect place to stop for the night while we were on a long car trip.

I loved the price! Our room had two queen-size beds for about $66 (including the tax). There was no additional charge for having 4 adults in the room instead of 2. The owners were very gracious in welcoming us even though we checked in very late, around 11pm. The woman who answered the bell was extremely friendly and gave me plenty of her time. We had a nice chat and she offered good advice on where to eat breakfast and what to see in Corning.

Everything I could see, inside and out and around the grounds, was maintained well. The room had a faint musty smell, which I could detect only for the first few minutes. Far more important to me, there was no smell of cigarette smoke anywhere I went inside or out. All the appointments in the room were "old" (yes, that's a relative term) but very well-kept and all perfectly functional. All in all, this motel reminded me very pleasantly of motels I stayed in while on vacations as a child.

The place is located conveniently along a main road into Corning, only a few minutes outside the city but in a quiet area. Important note: if your GPS device doesn't route you to a location next to a country club, ask for the "old address" to route to (sorry I can't remember it to write it down here!).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher F
Reviewed 19 August 2014

At $69 a night, if all you need is an adequate room, this is the place for you. The rooms are large, it is clean, showers are relatively new. It is quiet and close to Corning and Horseheads. If you need wi-fi or a pool, this is not your hotel. But for just getting a shower and sleeping, this is a nice place to stay. It is run by an elderly lady who comes down out of her house when you pick up the phone at the front office and call her. She will bring you ice from her house (the ice machine doesn't work). There are inside rooms and outside rooms. The outside rooms all have ash trays on the outside to encourage no smoking in rooms. There are chairs for sitting outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family