“Good for dinner and breakfast”
Review of Sorge's Restaurant

Sorge's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Corning
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Corning Family Dining Tradition since 1951. Sorge’s is a 2nd generation family owned restaurant specializing in homemade pasta, sauces, desserts, and our own special blend of top choice beef for our burgers. Features: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Dessert, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with Children, Groups up to 80, Reservations, Romance, Special Occasions, Takeout, Full Liquor License, Handicap accessible, Free Parking in front.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We ate there every time we visited Corning. Dinner is excellent. They make their own pasta, which is as good as it gets. The side salad is large, the seafood very good. Excellent service. The breakfast is basic, but well done, again great service.

Date of visit: September 2018
Chris S, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were pleased with your dining experience here at Sorge's! It's a nice feeling when our customers go away and come back to us! We aim to please....do come back soon!!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Italian decor and like many restaurants in Italy the dining area was behind large plate glass windows overlooking a fairly busy street. The food was quite tasty, but not filling. My scallop dinner consisted of 9 scallops and 4 spears of asparagus. Fortunately a bread basket was also served and I finished my wife's chicken Parmesan.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Very nice restaurant. Excellent Italian food. Service was also excellent also. Reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: September 2018
Chris S, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate your comments! Hope to see you again if you are back in the area!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Enormous pancakes were our first choice followed by some eggs and sausage all at a good price.
Pnly problems we had they serve cappuccinos but not decafe ones.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

My wife and I took a day trip to Corning,NY. We went to Corning Museum and were told by customer service to try Sorge's Restaurant for dinner. We were immediately turned off when the hostess(owner) was extremely rude to us about finding a table to sit at. We each ordered a draft beer and it was room temp. Waitress was very snipy. I ordered Lasagna and my wife ordered Ravioli. Both meals were poor. The sauce tasted sour and the pasta was hard. While eating we heard a loud conversation taking place behind us in the bar area. Both owners were yelling and arguing with each other. Very unprofessional. As we sat we overheard other customers saying this happened all the time. Will not be dining here again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Chris S, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience here at Sorge's Restaurant. I am unhappy in reading this review and not happy with myself for not being professional in front of you and my customers. I try to do my best on a busy night, and you apparently caught me off guard! We strive to make everyone's visit here at Sorge's to be a good one and I apologize that your total experience was a bad one.