“Mac and cheese”

Mooney's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Corning
Description: Mooney's is Corning's and Market Streets newest and hottest restaurant destinations in the area. We boast a very unique 2-story restaurant right in the heart of downtown. Recently we were recognized by Foodnetwork as one of the USA's top destination's for our signature Mac N' Cheese dishes. If you are looking for amazing HOMEMADE food that is not frozen and HUGE portions with a fun family friendly atmosphere we are your place!!
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Many options on menu, but many choices of Mac and cheese appears to be the specialty. Even the small size allows for take home with a second ( and possibly third) meal. Good food. Was busy and took time to be served, but worth it.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Sharon N

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

It's been a little over a year since our first visit to Mooney's on Market Street in Corning. To our astonishment, our server, Corey, remembered us. Mooney's is all about American comfort food. Their menu is extensive and has just about everything you can think of on it: appetizers, subs, 1/2 pound hamburgers, soups and salads... And lets not forget their amazing macaroni and cheese. Their hog wings were so good the first time, we had to have them again. They are fall off the bone delicious. I now for the macaroni and cheese.... There isn't any other place capable of doing what Mooney's does with macaroni and cheese. The portions are enormous and no matter which version you choose, it will be the absolute best you've ever had.... Bar none. We had the lobster mac 'n' cheese... Not to repeat myself but it was the best. Definitely stop in and make sure you're very hungry. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stopped for dinner on a Saturday evening. Good crowd, but we were seated immediately upstairs. Our server was very friendly, down-to-earth and attentive. Definitely a casual place - clean, bright and well maintained, but nothing special. Thoroughly enjoyed the stuffed banana peppers and the Rachel sandwich. Pace yourself... Portions are HUGE! Prices are reasonable, especially for such large portions. We'll definitely return!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Found this place looking for food near where we were staying. I ordered the pulled pork mac & cheese and asked the server if I should get the side or the regular portion. He said get the regular size for leftovers. Pro Tip: the regular size is mac & cheese for 6. I have never had a plate so big put in front of me. Also, I had asked for it without the onion petals and the waiter said "it's just a few" so not having them was apparently not an option. He was right, there were only about six, but I still picked them off. All of the mac & cheese is made to order, according to the menu, so I don't know why I couldn't get it without but it was not a deal breaker. Overall, it's a sports bar with good bar food. I am glad it was not crowded or noisy.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We selected Mooney’s for dinner because of the mac n cheese offerings. Watch out because the portions are enormous. Almost ridiculously so. The dish itself was only ok. Buffalo chicken fingers not great. Pulled pork sandwich meh and not hot. Service was ok. Not horrible but not great if I were through Corning again I’d take a pass.