All reviews outdoor pool hot tub and sauna continental breakfast coffee maker in the room separate building room was clean egg patties pool towels baseball hall of fame front desk lady yogurt water pressure late at night in town the cottages minute drive two night stay
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

First let me say we never stay at motels, preferring more updated hotels with even minimal amenities. I was afraid we were going to be disappointed, but booked because family was staying there, and in Cooperstown for grandson's baseball game. We were given keys to our room---when was the last time you used a key and not key card to open your door. Incredibly unsafe! We walked into our room and were assaulted with a terrible musty smell! Our son and his wife, in the room next to ours, had the same smell. I did a quick bed bug check, and found none, but the mattress was covered with a zip covering, and I fear that could have been because of a previous bed bug infestation, but not positive on that, so I can't say for sure they ever had a problem. (I used my Hot-Shot on my suitcase upon returning home as a precaution anyways). There was no coffee maker in the room, but I noticed a Keurig in the office, so I went for a cup, only to be told it would cost me $.50! The free continental breakfast they offer was also nothing to brag about. No fresh pastries--only packaged plain donuts and bagels, pre-made egg "patties" that if you wanted, you had to heat in microwave. I saw plenty of people that left fairly good reviews of this place, but I have to wonder: did they stay in the same place we did?? Never again!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen H
LNP11, Owner at Lake N Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our motel. We would like to address some of your concerns in your review and were not warranted. First, we do NOT and have NEVER had bed bugs at our motel. We have covers both on our box springs and mattresses to ensure our guests that we will never have bed bugs. Secondly, we have outdoor corridors for our rooms and we can't install electronic key cards as they would be exposed to weather. Each room has its own key to it's room and each room has locks on the door knob as well as a dead bolt. It is extremely safe and reliable. We do not advertise that we have coffee makers in our rooms and we do have one in our office at a same charge as it is a Keurig and using top line Keurig pods. Our continental breakfast is free of charge for all of our guests and we are under strict guidelines from the state as what we are able to serve. We have expanded our breakfast over the past few years and it now includes the following; coffee, juice (apple and orange), bagels (plain and cinnamon raisin), yogurt (4 different kinds), fruit cups, milk, cereal (3 different kinds), oatmeal, bread, hot chocolate and tea. We are unable to serve a truly hot breakfast due to guidelines from the state and our location (directly on a lake). The room this guest stayed in was renovated in the winter of 2014 with brand new carpet and furniture. We are sorry that your stay wasn't a satisfactory one and all reviews on TripAdvisor are of guests that have stayed with us.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Just had a one night stay - Cooperstown is too far for my father and I to do in one day. The room was comfortable and fit our needs. Breakfast was standard continental breakfast. For the price, I would have appreciated having a coffee maker in the room - sometimes I want my coffee before I have to brave a brisk New England morning! Exceptional views of the lake - would have been so nice if it were more sunny!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for review our property. We are extremely pleased that you found the accommodations at Lake 'N Pines motel comfortable. The views here are exceptional and we wish we were able to provide warmer and more sun. We don't provide coffee makers in our rooms due to the fact we provide a free expanded continental breakfast. We hope to see you here next time your travels bring you back to Cooperstown.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Wanted to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown for dear hubby's birthday and was debating on spending almost double that n this hotel at HI Express! The only reason I booked this motel was because of the Otsego Lake! But glad I did!

The hotel staff were very accommodating and in fact even gave me a lake view room with a balcony! Heavenly!

Breakfast is pretty basic with toast/cereal/yogurt/juice and coffee but the breakfast room by the lake is so beautiful... all you care for is a nice cup of coffee and to enjoy the lake view!

Will definitely go back if I head towards this area!

BTW they give you discounted Hall of Fame tickets invthe motel and it just 7 miles down the road to the Hall of Fame and to the Village of Cooperstown where you have some decent restaurants!

Room tip: best views, close to Baseball Hall of Fame and half the cost of are hotels .. Great value
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank TrvlGalore

Thank you for review our property. We are extremely pleased that you found the accommodations at Lake 'N Pines motel heavenly! We agree with your review that the views of Otsego Lake are magnificent. We hope to see you here next time you visit Cooperstown!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

We have stayed several times at Lake N Pines and always enjoy our time there. They are pet friendly, rooms are always clean, staff is friendly and the views of Lake Otsego are wonderful. Highly recommend!

Room tip: Rooms facing the lake
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Birdman45

Thank you for review our property. We love hearing from guests that stay with us time and time again. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their craft and we will pass along your review to them. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Lake N Pines Motel on Saturday September 12, 2015. We drove 4 hours from Buffalo to visit for a Wedding nearby. Although we were pleasantly surprised with the facilities, we had the worst customer service experience we have ever had. This evening when we returned from the wedding we parked our car in a space far from our room as we were informed that our room did not have a space in front of it, but that we could park in another available spot across the lot or in the grass. Due to the rainy evening, the ground was saturated and we decided to park in an open parking spot which we thought was available. When we left our car, we were confronted by the front desk employee across the parking lot. She began screaming at us stating that she told us we were not allowed to park in the space we did and telling us to move. My husband and I apologized and were happy to move our vehicle. We explained that we thought that was one of the available spaces. She continued to scream at us across the parking lot in a condescending manner at 11 pm. After moving our car, we were extremely startled and upset with the way we were treated. We decided to go to the front desk and express our concerns. I politely told the woman that we felt the way the situation was handled was unprofessional and that it was a very upsetting way to end our evening. She continued to be confrontational raising her voice and making excuses for the way we were treated. I was literally shaking because of the way she continued to lose her temper and speak to us in a condensing manner telling us that we were wrong and that she had clearly explained where to park (which was given to us on a rather confusing hand drawn map). Regardless of the fact that we paid $117 (for a room without a parking space (which was not communicated when we booked the room nor is an assigned parking policy posted), our experience was jaded by the lack of respect shown by the employee, which is totally unacceptable in the hospitality business. Had we not been so far away from home, we would have packed up and left immediately. We will never stay at this motel again and it is extremely unfortunate that our only experience in which we and several other friends stayed at this resort was so negative.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Amanda K
LNP11, Owner at Lake N Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Amanda,

We are truly sorry that you had a negative experience with our staff during your stay. The way the situation was handled is completely unacceptable for us. Our family strives on great customer service and accommodations in the Cooperstown area. We believe we have remedied this situation and we know this won't happen again at our facility. We do hope when you are back in the area to give us another try. Sincerely, The Barton Family, Owners.