All reviews living room full kitchen double play baseball hall of fame country setting minute drive coffee maker chain hotel our home away from home refrigerator and microwave restaurant recommendations glimmerglass festival dreams park spent nights location was perfect off season mvp
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Stayed here 4 days while visiting HOF and local places around Cooperstown. It is located out of the way of all the excitement of Cooperstown but close enough to everything to enjoy the area. Room was cozy with home like feel and decor, it was clean and comfortable. Pool was clean and refreshing. Owner very helpful with where to go for a good meal and a map on how to get around to different things we wanted to see. Especially thankful to owners for providing a comfortable place that we can go to stay and be able to take our fur baby with us.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My 14-year old grandson and I stayed at Gateway Inn and Suites during our visit to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. Our stay could not have been more perfect. Eric met us upon arrival and offered advice on getting around town, restaurant recommendations and suggestions for activities. Eric also gave Dayton his choice of one of his water color paintings. No surprise ... Dayton chose one of the Baseball Hall of Fame!

We stayed in the Texas Leaguer which was perfect for us ... two full size beds, a nice sofa and all the amenities we could have asked for ... a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot (with coffee, tea, sugar), iron and ironing board, hair dryer, shampoo, soap and plenty of towels. New towels were provided each day and trash removed. The refrigerator and microwave made it possible for us to fix breakfast in the room before heading out for the day.

The swimming pool was sparkling and a welcome retreat on a warm afternoon.

I mentioned to Eric how quiet everything was, even though the rooms next to us were occupied during most of our stay. He mentioned they had added “baby proofing” insulation during the off season in response to a few previous comments. Another example of Eric’s attention to detail and focusing on his guests’ comfort.

We will definitely stay at Gateway Inn and Suites on future trips to Cooperstown and can recommend it without reservation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Photos on-line are great just not reality. Landscaping urgently required. Rooms are old and smell "old". One person traveling with us had a non functioning refrigerator. Did not know it and everything that was put inside smelled. They elected to throw everything away. Yet, after two days the place grew on us. Would not stay again. Yet, with modifications this could be a nice place.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank robertsS3636AJ
innkeeperNewYork, Owner at Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your comments. We certainly are an older inn and have never represented, differently. However, we have continually made updates throughout the years. Furthermore, we price ourselves with consideration as to what we have to offer - half the price of the national chains. As far as rooms smelling old - not sure what that means, but we provide thorough housekeeping and entire linen changes upon departure of each guest and provide a light housekeeping during guests' visits. We keep landscaping in accord with our setting - many guests enjoy the rural setting - yet, I realize it is not for everyone - often due to what they are familiar with. I wish the guest traveling with you had said something about the refrigerator - someone may have inadvertently turned it off or unplugged it - every refrigerator we have in our units are currently working and none have been replaced over the summer - I would have been pleased to turn it on or plugged it in for them. We are always pleased to attend to our guests legitimate concerns when they are voiced, yet at the same time recognize some people have problems discussing issues face to face. Again, thank you for your comments. Lastly, we feel we offer one of the best values in the are at a $120./night summer rate for a room with a king bed. Eric

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I spent 6 nights in the Double Play room while my husband and son stayed at Cooperstown Dreams Park. The location was perfect- extremely easy to get to Dreams Park (maybe 5-6 minute drive) as well as the main part of Cooperstown. If you are looking for a chain hotel, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a comfortable stay in a unique room with all the amenities you need, you should book the Gateway Inn. My room had a microwave (it was an older one but it worked well), a small refrigerator, coffee maker (with coffee provided), iron/board, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, love seat that opened into a twin bed, and a queen bed. There was a window air conditioner that worked great. I loved that I had a screen door AND a front door, so I could leave the door open and let fresh air in. The shower was small but the water temp and pressure was very good. The only thing missing in the room was a small table that could be used for eating. That is a minor thing though.
The property was nice and the pool was clean and refreshing. There were grills outside, and the people staying in another suite cooked a meal outside and ate at the patio table. The owner, Eric, was extremely friendly and flexible. My room was always clean with fresh towels every day. Due to going back and forth to Dreams Park, I spent quite a bit of time in my room. It was very comfortable and relaxing. Next time we return to Cooperstown, the Gateway Inn will be the first place I call for a reservation.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kml71604
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stayed in the commissioners suite for 1 night . I can not say enough good things about this Inn. The commissioners suite has 2 bedrooms (1) has 2 queen beds (2) has a king bed full bathroom, Kitchen and living room.You could fit 6 adults no problem. Very comfy and cozy and just want we needed. The room was well keep. When we checking in we were greeted by Eric and presented a painting that he had done to take home. Such a nice touch.I would stay again !

Date of stay: March 2018