All reviews bagels view of the lake shower stall few reasons roadside motels hall of fame quiet retreat sharon springs stay there again in town enjoyed our stay flat screen tv downtown cooperstown comfortable beds art museum great place to stay pillows
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Nothing but good. The room is very clean. Staff is friendly. I really have no complaints. My travels won't bring me back, otherwise I'd stay here again. The room matches or exceeds the price point they have.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I have very few needs when I stay in Cooperstown and this place did not disappoint. Clean room is a definite must. Flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator and in room Coffee maker are a bonus. There was also Coffee in the office with fruit yogurt juice bagels etc and additional plus.

Great view of the lake from my room and free WiFi and cable tv. Ok the shower stall is small but I got over it. The AC worked well with the big ceiling fan.

Interesting note I spoke with the front desk person and asked if there was a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts near by. They said there are no chains in Cooperstown just family run businesses

Will definitely stay again next year

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank B1389SDanthonyd
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Quaint motel over the lake, comfortable beds, functional bathroom and shower. Friendly staff with good parking right outside of your room door. Everything reminds me of a summer camp movie in the trees.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Loved staying here. Great place to stay when you want to get away from the city. Reasonably priced. You get a nice a view of Otsego Lake from your room. The whole area is just beautiful. The drive is wonderful and beautiful. The rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds and a sofa. I appreciated having a mini-fridge and microwave oven in the room. The staff only consisted of two very lovely ladies, one who’s name I unfortunately didn’t get and Dana who solely does all the housekeeping. They were the sweetest. The owner of the place lives in a house just behind the inn. He is a pleasant young man. The inn is only less than ten minutes from the National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in downtown Cooperstown. They allow you to have your own barbecues outside your room. They also have paddle boats you can use at no extra charge and life vests. I would definitely stay here again when I return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosiesilva1
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I stayed here for two nights while in town for a baseball league tournament, and it was a decent find considering the limited selection of affordable places in the area. The room was very clean, but the bed was entirely too firm and the shower required a 6 or 7 minute wait for it to warm up. And the shower was too small with a low shower head. It’s only about 30” x 30”, so anyone big or tall will have a difficult time using it. I’m 5’9” and 185 lbs, and I found it very restrictive. There was a guy a few rooms over that easily weighed 350 lbs, so there’s no way he could use the shower. I would say this place was definitely built decades ago when the average person was much thinner. It does show its age some, but everything was clean and in working order and it was relatively inexpensive, so I recommend it for those reasons. Just be aware of the situation with the tight shower if you plan to book here.

• Trip type: Travelled solo