All reviews boat tour great location two blocks free ride hall of fame in town gravel parking lot on site restaurant within walking distance main street adirondack chairs free breakfast stay there again off season induction weekend large room the air conditioning
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Boat tour personal very rude , shocked on how myself and family were treated , ruined our day , these people don't deserve to be in a nice town like Cooperstown , boat very unsafe and ran by those that don't care about those that they serve , Beware !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We were there for the 2018 Hall of Fame weekend. We are lucky enough to have a room and as long as we keep booking it for that weekend, we will get it every Hall of Fame weekend. We did not get a choice of room, just luck of the draw. But we were pleased. We had a queen bed room on the bottom floor. The room was very clean. The room seemed a little dated, but also updated at the same time. And again, it was clean which is very important to us. The cleaning staff showed up every day. There are no "do not disturb signs" so you get service each day. Our room had a large window and it did have room darkening curtains, so no problem there. Yes, we could hear the person/people walking in the room above us, but it never bothered us. We never noticed any talking from other rooms. As for the very dark bathroom at night, just do what I do at each and every accomodation I stay in - bring a night light. Plug it in the bathroom and when the light turns off - voila! - the nightlight turns on. No need to turn a BRIGHT light on to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Many times we have to close the bathroom door so it's only open a crack because the night light can be a little bit disturbing at night. I have left many night lights at many places, so I now write myself a note so I remember to pack it when I go home. The bathroom was clean. The shower head was weird, not very good, it was many skinny water streams, but it worked alright. We never had a problem with toilet paper - we had an extra roll. And yes, there are tissues, just look in the bedside table. The bed was comfortable. It seemed like it may have been a little small for a queen bed, but my husband seemed to think it was a queen bed. There were only 2 pillows on the bed. I always bring my own to hotels, so we did not need to ask for extra pillows. So I am not sure if they have extras. There also was no iron in the room. I never needed one so I did not ask if they supplied them, so make sure you find out before you go. The location is awesome. Literally a block from the Hall of Fame itself. It's also on the edge of the lake, which is pretty. We liked to sit out on the adirondack chairs in the evenings. The people who run the place are all family, very nice to talk to. I can see where parking may be an issue. There was no space left for our car in the parking spots in the hotel, but we were lucky enough to have someone pull out on the street right at the hotel. We parked and never used our car again until we left. (Again, it was Hall of Fame weekend where even the parking is a PREMIUM!) Not sure how parking is on regular weekends and weekdays.
This is not a 5 star hotel, but it is clean and in a great location. I am not sure of the prices since we were there on the Hall of Fame weekend, so I cannot speak to that. I know many places raise prices that weekend, not sure if this place does that - but I had to pre-pay for only that weekend since hotel rooms are very scarce that weekend. I would stay there some other time of the year if I visit other than the Hall of Fame weekend. I don't recommend the restaurant that is on premises. We ate there only once for breakfast. They don't give spoons - so ask for one to stir your coffee. They got my order wrong. My husband's food was cold. And there doesn't seem to be enough wait staff.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank bal1234
Reviewed 22 August 2018

This hotel has a wonderful location, so close to everything in Cooperstown. My bathroom was clean and recently renovated. Oddly, for a property right on a beautiful lake, the view from practically every room is a gravel parking lot. My room, $240 on an August Saturday, was threadbare but not offensive. Two surprises during my stay left me wondering why hotel employees are so disengaged. At the hotel restaurant my companion ordered prime rib, rare, and I a crab cake. The waitress announced that the chef had overlooked the meat and rare was not an option. It came out with no pinkness at all. Later I told the waitress that my crab cake was nicely crisp and brown on the outside and cold, still chilled, and raw on the inside. She said it she hated it when she had to pay for a meal only to get something poorly prepared. Of course, I had to pay. Like many hotels, usually those costing half my rate, the only drinking cups provided were flimsy plastic disposables. The two in my room gave me a start. They were wet. One had lipstick on it. The housekeeper had chosen to rinse them out and sort of dry them off (with something from the laundry basket?) for reuse. I went to the office for replacements and told the clerk my reason. "They shouldn't have done that" was her cool response. I agreed. "They should have put out new ones" she elaborated. I agreed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

There are some Pros for this place besides the price. It’s located close to the water and the restaurant/bar is a nice feature so close to the lake. Also it’s walking distance to just about everything in the town and just a mere 2 miles round trip to the Fenimore. Furthermore, the new air conditioner works well.

The negatives really need to be considered before I’d recommend this place. Our unit was small and there are absolutely NO AMENITIES. They didn’t even provide plastic cups for drinks, no coffee maker, and no small refrigerator which we need for our cold water and juice. For anyone with any medical needs for refrigeration, don’t check in. The ice melted during the night and so nothing was cold in the morning. Further I had to go ask for cups and ice holder! Further the room had a smell, like water damage somewhere so that’s a huge concern. At least the window opened which we utilized when in the room in the evening. Finally the noise from upstairs on our second night sounded like they were bowling upstairs! Demand a room on the top floor or there are a number of rooms with no one on top. Would we stay there again if we ever return or recommend to others, not sure and specifically with these negatives. BUT again it was a reasonably inexpensive for 2 nights in an incredibly delightful little town.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackiebr63
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I just had to edit this review after reading the managers responses to other people reviews. PLEASE READ REPLIES FROM HOTEL!!!! This is exactly the kind of treatment you are going to get here. Rude and condescending treatment. Totally unnecessary. These people should not be working with the public. RUDE.The only edit I made from my first review is the above and an additional comment on the bathroom.
We arrived in the evening and our first impression was good. It sits at the bottom of the lake and has a pretty view. There is a little park to the left of it which is nice. The lady at the front desk was a bit cool, but fine. We went to our room and boy it was tiny. Tiny Tiny. Could barely squeeze by the bed to get to the bathroom and closet which were both also tiny. Fan in bathroom was so loud you could not turn on the light. No place to put any personal items. However, this room was newly renovated and done nicely. It was immaculate due to it's newness, so again, a pass. I wouldn't have wanted to be here more than one night, no way, too small.
In the morning we decided to use our big $5 voucher on breakfast. It was around 8:00.
There was no one around anywhere. The restaurant was open, no workers in sight. Menus and specials from last night's dinner still up. Not sure what was going on. Decided since there were also no other customers we would not stay. As we were leaving a boss type asked us what was wrong, we told him no one was around. We heard him yelling at someone while we were leaving.
So as we checked out we told the same lady at the front desk. She looked at us like we were crazy. Told us we were impatient and should have waited longer. No apology of any kind. Also never asked us how our stay was or anything.
I wouldn't stay here again Expect more for 200.00 night off season weekday