“Baseball break for lunch”
Review of Red Neck Bar-B-Que

Red Neck Bar-B-Que
Ranked #44 of 63 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Went with some of the team and had mixed reviews. My son had the pulled pork sandwich and didn't like the BBQ sauce much but I had the French Dip and thought it was perfect. You have to find a table and then order at the counter and if you want a beer you have to go to the bar and order it separately which is inconvenient for sure

1  Thank krudean

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were in the Cooperstown, NY area for performances of the Glimmerglass Opera Company and was looking for a place for a light supper. We saw the Red Neck Bar-B-Que which looked like an interesting place to try. The procedure for ordering is unlike anything in my experience. One gets a menu at the register, find a vacant numbered table, and selects his order. Then, one takes the order to the register, presents his order, pays the tab, gives his table number to the cashier and returns to his table. The food is then delivered to the table. The ambiance may best be described as log-wood rustic.
I ordered a salad topped with grilled chicken breast and my wife ordered a half-rack of ribs. We split the two orders and each had half the other's. Both the food and the service were average, especially if you are willing to "go with the flow" of the ordering procedure described above.
It was a Friday in the early evening (about 5:30) and there were numerous families with children. I saw two bars with a number of patrons at each.
Best I can say is "interesting." I'm glad we went as it was not the best I've had and not the worst, and the restaurant different from anyplace else we ever ate.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Don't even bother going here. Bathrooms were disgusting, food was awful, even the paper towels at the table were useless. Owners may want to keep a better eye on their employees. We were not even done & a girl came to clean the table. The guy at the counter where you order was very nice.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Don't go to this place !! Very rude and could care less about servicing their patrons. Sat us down, gave us menus, while we were waiting to order at the counter a VERY RUDE female server told us we couldn't be served because they had a reservation for 50 coming in 45 minutes. We were a small group of 5 quiet adults. Would have been long gone in 45 minutes. Never been treated this way ever in our lives. I've tried to call the manager 3 times today--won't come to the phone. No matter what they are serving, no establishment should be this disrespectful.
HORRIBLE !!!!!!!

1  Thank 38maryr9638
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Based on a recommendation, we thought we would check this out. We were a large party and they had the upstairs reserved for us. Based on previous reviews, we knew we had to order drinks at the bar and food at the counter. Our food was delivered quickly and it was all hot and delicious. We ordered appetizers, sandwiches, and dinners- all were good! Selection of beers was nice and included local brews. Mixed drink prices were higher than expected. Service was friendly. Overall experience was great.