“Great experience!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Based on a recommendation, we thought we would check this out. We were a large party and they had the upstairs reserved for us. Based on previous reviews, we knew we had to order drinks at the bar and food at the counter. Our food was delivered quickly and it was all hot and delicious. We ordered appetizers, sandwiches, and dinners- all were good! Selection of beers was nice and included local brews. Mixed drink prices were higher than expected. Service was friendly. Overall experience was great.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Only thing I didn't like was having to order food and pick up drinks and silverware at counter. Food was good , smoked ribs with BBQ sauce on them. Tasty. Great mac and cheese. Interesting decor. Appropriately priced. Close to Cooperstown and the Dream Park.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

In town for baseball tournament and stopped in for dinner. I'm from Georgia and accustom to good BBQ and usually gauge a BBQ place by its pulled pork. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was very average. Small portion, bottled BBQ sauce taste and a less than fresh bun. Also came with macaroni salad which just tasted like mayonnaise. My son got the French dip and said it was very good, including the dipping sauce. They had a very good selection of both bottle and tap beer. Overall, beer good, BBQ mediocre. I sure there are better in the area.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Not really sure what other folks were expecting with some of reviews written?!?! After long day exploring HOF, stopped here with 3 other buddies from MA for drinks and dinner. Arrived at height of the supper-time crowd, so ...was told 20-30 minute wait...left name with waitress (no hostess) and went to bar. Bar had couple seats, but no worries as didn't mind standing...and wasn't long before we all had seats to watch the hockey game and Derby. Very nice selection of draft and bottled beers, including those from the local Brewery we were unable to visit as was closed this night for private function. So we got to experience their brews while here. About 15 minutes in, the waitress we put or name in with came to us at the bar to let us know our table would be available in 5 minutes and asked if we'd be staying at bar. Since we were enjoying our libations at the bar, made arrangements to be seated at a later time and allowed another family to sit. About 30 minutes later, our waitress came back as had plenty of tables starting to open. Once seated, our waitress was very pleasant and gave us her recommendations. Along with the Loaded Fries and side order of Sweet Potato Fries, two of us ordered the Smoked Catfish Po'Boys while others ordered Cuban and Pulled Pork sandwiches. No complaints whatsoever with food or service...all food was fresh, hot and plentiful...did not leave table hungry! We ended up back at bar as night was still young enjoying pleasant conversations with bartended, Shawnette and the Owner, Josh! I would highly recommend this place and know if/when ever back in area, I will be stopping back!

1  Thank James K
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This was the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Do not eat here! My husband and I stopped by one night for dinner and it was empty with about 4 people at the bar, we waited for about 5min to be seated but couldn't find a server so we left...since we were in Cooperstown off season a lot of other restaurants were closed so we ended up going back, this time we were seated immediately and served drinks. When we placed our order I asked for a pulled pork sandwich without the spicy coleslaw I was then told that I could not get the sandwich without the coleslaw and they HAD do scoop a vinegar based spicy coleslaw onto the sandwich. I explained that I was pregnant and that I couldn't handle vinegar or spice and they said they only thing they could do was serve it and have me scoop it off, or buy the platter for $10 more and use one of my side options for a bun. I could not believe it instead of just not scooping coleslaw onto the sandwich I actually had to pay them more to not have to have coleslaw. This was an extremely simple request...it's not like I asked them to truly alter the meal just not add a scoop of coleslaw. I still don't understand the big deal it's not like this is a world renowned restaurant where the best of the best carefully select the right pairings...no this was a run down restaurant that offered a plate called "Sausage Party" and not putting coleslaw on a sandwich for a pregnant woman was beneath them. We ended up just getting up and leaving but I hope no one else makes the same mistake of going here, making my own PB&J would have been a better experience!