All reviews rooms are small walking distance hall of fame location convenience bathroom trolley cleanliness
Reviewed 28 October 2017

My husband and I were taking a long weekend to Cooperstown via a Trailways bus last week. We were looking for convenience and a moderate price and we found that a much more at the FR Woods Baseball Town Motel. The walk from the bus stop was a long walk with suitcases and the proprietors offered to pick us up and take us back to the bus stop when we were leaving. They were there waiting for us as we got off the bus and picked us up and brought us to the bus early in the morning on the day we left. They also offered to drive us anywhere we needed to go while there even though we did not need that done. It is right next to the Baseball Hall of Fame and walking distance to most other attractions. In the warmer weather , a trolley is available.
The motel rooms are small and basic, but clean and one flight up.
If you're looking for fancy, this is not your place, but if you just want a nice, clean and friendly place to stay that is super conveniently located, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: not disabilities accessible as no elevators
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teralex7
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Great location, very nice owners. This was the second time my family stayed here. Hall of fame and wax musuem is right outside the front door. Doubleday field is around the corner with batting cages. The store below the hotel has everything.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken R
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We went to Cooperstown to visit the Hall of Fame for our 25th anniversary stayed here it is absolutely adorable nice comfortable rooms not very fancy but perfect for what we wanted a clean comfortable room close to the Hall of Fame owner and his wife were fabulous and very accommodating I would recommend this to anybody

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frequenttraveler1701
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stayed here with my wife one weekday night in September. Since mid-September is off tourist season, the Motel was basically empty except for occupancy of two other rooms.

But still, the walls are thin, so get yourself, if you can, a quiet room if you stay here, and away from the main street. The hotel is above a souvenir store, and the store closes at 5PM in September, so keep that in mind if you are arriving mid-evening or later. The Motel is only a few doors down from the Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Motel has its own parking spaces in the back, which was very convenient.

A frustrating morning with the coffee maker, never could get it to work, and the cord was only six inches long with no electrical outlet nearby, so I'm on the floor on my knees trying to make a cup of coffee in the morning, no coffee that day. We had instructions in our drawer for a mini-fridge, but there was none in our room. The room was clean, the window air-conditioner noisy, and the bathroom was very small. For one night, because of its location, its a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank robert k
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Went to Cooperstown opening weekend. There are not many options of places to stay unless you're paying big money or staying further away. When I found the baseball motel I immediately thought PERFECT!
Location, location, location. The motel is literally next door to the hall of fame and above a souvenir shop on the main street!
The room itself is extremely basic and the bathroom extremely small. That being said, you really won't be spending much time in there, you'll be too busy at the hall of fame and walking astound town. However, I would not recommend this place for families or as a place to stay for more than one night.
I'm sure this place is booked solid during regular season. While I was there only one other person had checked in so it was quiet. I don't think the walls are very sound proof and the doors are hollow so it may be noisy if full.
Picked this place because of location and price. Plus it makes for a great road trip stop story. I feel like if you're in Cooperstown you gotta be able to say you stayed at the baseball motel! At least once in your life.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple